Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
Saving my own data in Calibre's database

I'm working in a plugin to log the changes I made on a library (add books or formats, delete books or formats, etc) to be able to replicates it again.

I need to save a list of the changes on every book. And I was looking at Calibre's database to find if there is a table to do this.

I found the "books_plugin_data" table, with this fields: id, book, name and val. Can I use this table to store my values, or is it intended to store another thing?

If it's unsuitable to use Calibre's tables to store data from plugins, what's the correct way to do this? (maybe a JSON file?)
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
books_plugin_data is meant to be used by 3rd party plugins. Feel free to use it. Just make sure you prefix the values you put into the name column with something fairly unique so that it does not conflict with other plugins.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thank you very much for the help, kovidgoyal. I'll follow your advices.
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And just in case you aren;t aware of it there is API in database2.py to use that table, which you should use. add_custom_book_data()/get_custom_book_data()
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote