Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Problems with Calibre with Mac/Kobo

I was trying to use Calibre on my Macbook running OS 10.4.11 (Tiger, I think), but uninstalled it again because of some problems:
-It seemed to freeze or crash the computer, which hardly ever happens with any other program.
-I was trying to use it with my kobo ereader, and it messed up the way the kobo displayed my "I'm Reading" list- instead of last to first read, it defaulted to first read at the top, burying my current read on the last page.

Has anyone had these problems before?
Is Calibre incompatible with OS X Tiger?

I would really like to be able to use Calibre, as it seems an excellent program, and my OS is too old to run the proprietary kobo software.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
I was trying to use Calibre on my Macbook running OS 10.4.11 (Tiger, I think), but uninstalled it again because of some problems:
-It seemed to freeze or crash the computer, which hardly ever happens with any other program.
-I was trying to use it with my kobo ereader, and it messed up the way the kobo displayed my "I'm Reading" list- instead of last to first read, it defaulted to first read at the top, burying my current read on the last page.

Has anyone had these problems before?
Is Calibre incompatible with OS X Tiger?

I would really like to be able to use Calibre, as it seems an excellent program, and my OS is too old to run the proprietary kobo software.
The bug related to the I'm Reading list will be fixed in the next release.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
The bug related to the I'm Reading list will be fixed in the next release.

Tim
The next kobo release, or the next Calibre one?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
The next kobo release, or the next Calibre one?
Calibre
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
amo
Teaist

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Calibre
Oh good. That makes me that much more likely to try Calibre again.
Advert