Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #46
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Semi on topic...

MJ, your twitter feed has got me interested. Your little blurbs there are poetic....for lack of a better word.

Is it part of some new viral marketing campaign you're working on before you melt our faces with awesome storiness?
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #47
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thanks everyone. I got the idea for this story when someone on another website asked for help developing a new idea for a human to become a werewolf. I suggested a blood transfusion. They hated the idea. The more I thought about it, the more the idea got to me. I used to work for a blood bank. In the middle of the night, I would get a call that one of the city hospitals needed blood. It was my job to go down to the blood bank and get a packet of the right blood type and deliver it. I thought about suggesting the idea to someone who had sent a post to this forum lamenting the difficulties of developing ideas. But you know how it is. You start writing down a few sentences and ...
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #48
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Semi on topic...

MJ, your twitter feed has got me interested. Your little blurbs there are poetic....for lack of a better word.

Is it part of some new viral marketing campaign you're working on before you melt our faces with awesome storiness?
They're all bits from the novel 'The Song of Insects' as I'm editing them. Twitter asks what are you doing now, and that's what I'm doing

I write lyrically, it's the way I deal with stories the best - and part of the influence I've had from the writing I like. So it comes out in my writing, I can't help it, I tried to force it down, but it's just how it is with me.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #49
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriss003 View Post
Thanks everyone. I got the idea for this story when someone on another website asked for help developing a new idea for a human to become a werewolf. I suggested a blood transfusion. They hated the idea. The more I thought about it, the more the idea got to me. I used to work for a blood bank. In the middle of the night, I would get a call that one of the city hospitals needed blood. It was my job to go down to the blood bank and get a packet of the right blood type and deliver it. I thought about suggesting the idea to someone who had sent a post to this forum lamenting the difficulties of developing ideas. But you know how it is. You start writing down a few sentences and ...
Go for it Morris. I love the idea and as I've said, I really like Werewolf stories, always have since I was a kid. Bonus, you wouldn't even have to do any research about the blood bank
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #50
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
They always say "write what you know" . . . and take it and run with it. One guy's loss is your gain. Keep us updated.

Moejoe - I hate you.
Your excerpts are another drug I may have to cure myself of.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #51
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
They always say "write what you know" . . . and take it and run with it. One guy's loss is your gain. Keep us updated.

Moejoe - I hate you.
Your excerpts are another drug I may have to cure myself of.
As long as you don't end up in hospital trying to kick the habit, I'll be happy
Old 03-04-2009, 04:36 AM   #52
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I love werewolf stories! I just played a little on the synopsis wording (hope you don't mind).... Now, just waiting for the rest of this exciting story

Quote:

Their investigations lead them to a [group of] werewolf[ves] pack. They discover that werewolves evolved eons ago in what is now Antarctica[. The werewolves] and almost became extinct due to [because of what the surviving werewolves regard as] a despicable act; a sexual encounter between a werewolf and a primate. A disease was passed to the werewolf population which [and this disease] became airborne and almost decimated [wiping out all of] the werewolf[ves] population [except for a few explorers who were not in contact with the werewolf civilization.] The remains of that civilization are now buried under tons of ice.

They discover that one of the werewolves is trying to develop a disease [that it will] to introduce into the human population. [It's] His goal is the extermination of the human race so that werewolves can safely repopulate the earth, but [it's] his true reason is revenge for the killing of [the werewolf's]his family. The man, the woman, and the werewolf pack [a group of werewolves] are opposed to the monstrous plan and travel the earth in search of the evil werewolf. Their travels eventually take them to Antarctica where the final encounter takes place.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #53
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
The word "werewolf' is used way too often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I love werewolf stories! I just played a little on the synopsis wording (hope you don't mind).... Now, just waiting for the rest of this exciting story
Far be it for me to step into desertgrandma's shoes, but I think the point she was trying to make was that you used the word "werewolf" too frequently in a short paragraph.
Much as Dreams has indicated...in that 'little play'....

Other than that, I might be 'hooked' ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #54
hogleg
Enthusiast
hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3
A Harry Potter FanFic I promised my cousin, but never wrote. I tend to have a lot in the works at any given time. That PA fiction I posted in another tread is my most substantive bit of other work, but I'm also writing a fantasy followup to a novel I finished last year. I have a few other projects srated, and the poetry and lyrics as they come.
hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #55
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Shh! Shhhh!! You don't want to bring the spectre (not to mention the solicitor) of JKR down on you, do you?!?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #56
hogleg
Enthusiast
hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Shh! Shhhh!! You don't want to bring the spectre (not to mention the solicitor) of JKR down on you, do you?!?
Last I heard she actually enjoyed reading them, didn't she? I won't go trying to sell anything, like that dude for HP-Lexicon. I'd rather get paid for my own ideas.
hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #57
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you. Pack? I not crazy about that word in this story, because I'm trying to convey a sense that the werewolf myth is based on a misconception about werewolves due to their appearance. I'm suggesting that under the myth lies the truth, that werewolves are a species that evolved a civilization millions of years earlier than primates, and that this civilization flourished until they were almost wiped out by an airborne virus. Like primates, the family was the main unit of their civilization. The werewolf who intends to wipe out humanity knows that he is attempting a terrible thing, but the pain of his rage compels him forward.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #58
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

now you've whetted the appetite - best get along and not keep us waiting too long ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #59
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Thank you. Pack? I not crazy about that word in this story, because I'm trying to convey a sense that the werewolf myth is based on a misconception about werewolves due to their appearance. I'm suggesting that under the myth lies the truth, that werewolves are a species that evolved a civilization millions of years earlier than primates, and that this civilization flourished until they were almost wiped out by an airborne virus. Like primates, the family was the main unit of their civilization. The werewolf who intends to wipe out humanity knows that he is attempting a terrible thing, but the pain of his rage compels him forward.
Thanks for clarifying the idea behind the story It made me think that maybe the werewolves had another name for themselves. We evolved to call ourselves "human" so how would their much older/evolved population refer to themselves?

This is starting to sound very exciting... The story could go in many directions.... evil corporations, secret governmental genetic programs, mystery/love story, human/werewolf joining to combat evil.....

OK, I'm very much on pins and needles I can't wait to see how this story continues.... Write, write, write

for sharing the beginning with us!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #60
morriss003
Evangelist

This week I went back to writing some of my stories that are in my book Tales of the Ragoon. I am trying to write these stories simultaneously and this is proving to be a difficult challenge, especially as some of the stories occur in different time frames. I'm practicing keeping them straight.
Tales of the Ragoon deals with different couples in the area just south of Stockton, California who are dealing with an alien invasion of the earth. The aliens, who are basically merchant colonists enslave one gender. Guess which one? Yeah.