Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerfuffle View Post
But, some of the default collections (Purchased books, Unread Books, Periodicals and maybe some more) cannot be deleted (which is a bit of a PITA as I would like to remvoe those ones).
I was afraid you were going to say that....I never read Periodicals so I'm not sure how much use that tag will be...
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
Kerfuffle
Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony Prs-650 (mine) Sony PRS-T1 (wife's)
Yeah it is a real pain - I dont use periodicals either and I dont see the need for a separate "purchased books" collection as well.
Kerfuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #18
zelak
zelak began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Periodicals on the Sony aren't plain ePub. They have a couple extra metadata files that need to be present and populated before it will pick it up as a periodical. I dont think calibre ever got the support to do it, even though I sent a couple samples to the author awhile back when the 900 was new and I wrote my own RSS->ePub tool.

These "special" epubs really just enable the jumping to next article functionality in the Sony, and work fine on other ePub readers.
Kolenka, if you have a moment to spare, could you send these samples to me? I haven't developed for Calibre yet, but I'm competent in Python, and could try my hand at it.
zelak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #19
Kerfuffle
Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony Prs-650 (mine) Sony PRS-T1 (wife's)
Calibre now automatically places newspapers created through its news option into the Periodicals collection.
Kerfuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #20
Phoul
Dances with penguins
Phoul began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
As of version 0.7.25 the sony periodicals work as intended.
Phoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #21
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Would it be possible to make this feature available for regular conversion? For example, I'd like to integrate my Instapaper and "Die Zeit" downloads in the Periodicals section AND (which is not possible by hand) make the "Table of Contents" available from the dedicated menu. In other words, I'm asking for an option that not only places the metadata.xml but also creates the corresponding atom.xml from the TOC that the epub normally has...
If this is not too difficult (which I assume it is not because Calibre has all the prerequisites already built in) could somebody take care of that, please...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
You might stand a greater chance of a response to your request by making it in the calibre forum as this relates to software (specifically calibre) rather than the eReaders themselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Would it be possible to make this feature available for regular conversion? For example, I'd like to integrate my Instapaper and "Die Zeit" downloads in the Periodicals section AND (which is not possible by hand) make the "Table of Contents" available from the dedicated menu. In other words, I'm asking for an option that not only places the metadata.xml but also creates the corresponding atom.xml from the TOC that the epub normally has...
If this is not too difficult (which I assume it is not because Calibre has all the prerequisites already built in) could somebody take care of that, please...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote