Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
socgsi
socgsi began at the beginning.

Device: none
M92 Annotation issue/question--Thanks!

Hi All,

I am having some trouble with my annotation function. When I first got my M92, I could highlight with annotating function, then when I viewed all my annotations or viewed them on a file on my computer, everything looked as if I simply copied and pasted the passages I highlighted. BUT now, when I do this, the output is a block quote. So rather than getting a sentence like "I wish I were on vacation, " I get: "IwishIwereonvacation". This makes everything hard to read.

Anyone have this problem or suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks for reading!

Louise
socgsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
you can try to reconvert it in a searchable PDF with ABBYY PDF Transformer, Adobe Acrobat or something similar.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
socgsi

Dolansky, is this a problem you've had and solved in this way? thanks!

Last edited by socgsi; 07-10-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
socgsi

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it the PDF or my reader? I can still return the reader so I may consider if this is not a common bug. If someone else has this issue with annotating or knows what to do, I would appreciate any advice!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It is known issue with some pdf. But not with all pdfs. If I remember well, those pdf created from LaTex texts are prone to this issue. It has something to do with type of coding used for alphabeth, I guess...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
I also have this with some pdfs. I don't think it's a problem of M92 specifically. If you copy text from them on your computer, probably it will be the same.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
Indeed, it is not the reader, some pdf are difficult coded. what you see is not what you get - with some pdf. Hence PDF are gerenerally extrem heterogen, some are smooth to work with - some are really hard to handle.

I got recently a complex difficult pdf, where the annotation and handwriting is slower than the other ones. The oponent device Pocketbook 912 need hours to calculate,if one want to mark text in it - The M92 get the Text-Layer in seconds but delayed.

To overcome those hard nuts to crack is the Adobe Acrobat Full Version as a very useful tool

Adobe Acrobat -> Tools -->(Document -processing->Scanned Document optimze {OCR-searchable,Target Language, Filter options, Quality-Settings, etc.})

The text-highlighting and handwriting works now very fast - very close to real-time-feeling.

by the way - the so called problem, with vanished spaces between word with some PDF, depends if the word-position in the Text-Layer uses x/y coordinates, therfore they dont need space's

But to achieve white spaces in the Highlighted Text->View Notes, again could help out Adobe Acrobat with the action-assistent->generate barriere free PDF, the white spaces between words will show up in your notes, as well working in the dictionary function for example.

Last edited by Dolansky; 07-11-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Thanks for your valuable explanation. I do not have problems with spaces, but it is good to know there is a way to process troubesome pdfs to avoid problems.

Would you be so kind and write your description in M92 Wiki at this forum?

Last edited by Mono; 07-13-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote