Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
sockpuppet999
sockpuppet999 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Possible dumb questions about notes in a ebook

Ok here is what I want to do if someone could let me know if A its possible and B which ebook format would be the best to do it in.

What I want to do is have an ebook with a page at the front that people can type notes into it. Im not looking for annotations, just the ability to have a page or two that can be edited while reading.

Primarily on the Ipad

Thanks for any help

Jim
sockpuppet999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I don't believe there is an ebook format that supports this. Also, even if one did it you would also need a viewer app that supports writing those changes back into the file itself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd need to write an iPad app to do this; it can't be done with an ebook.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #4
Iain
Enthusiast
Iain began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
That's something I'm interested too.

In particular I want to be able to get notes made in an ePub on a mobile device into other applications.

I'm considering writing an iPad application which will support this, but I'm pretty maxed out at the moment so it's hard to see when I would fit it in.

However, if there is interest and or the possibility of some collaboration, then I would bring it higher up the considering list!

Iain
Iain is offline   Reply With Quote