Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
deferredreward
Enthusiast
deferredreward began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, former: PocketBook 360
How do you check your formatting?

If you don't own an e-reader, what are good programs that you can use to check the formatting of your e-book as it will look on e-readers? B&N reader, Kindle for your OS or something else?
deferredreward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Enchantlee
Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enchantlee knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: I wanna Kindle.
if you go to lulu.com and hit the publish button, and then click on the 'book' button and scroll down, you'll find alot of pre-formatted doc files that you can use, even if you arent planning to publish through their website. It's what I do
Enchantlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Calibre or Mobipocket will give you a reasonable idea, but they will look different on each device. So unless you have a good reason not to, keep it simple.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
formatting