Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Kindle 3g and Kindle Fire - PDOC questions

So I already have a Kindle 3g and Calibre works great for loading books. We got my son a Kindle Fire and now I want to load some books on it for him but I keep reading I need to remove the [PDOC] tag from the mobi format and re-convert. Will removing the PDOC tag make books not work on my Kindle 3G? Do I need to add/remove the PDOC every time I load a book depending on device? Thanks for more info
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
hellraiser06
Yaabbaa dabba doo
hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch wifi, Kindle 3 Wifi, Asus Transformer TF101
I don't think you need to do any thing on your documents. kindle books are available to read on Upton 6 devices at a time, if bought from Amazon. If you are trying to download your own books, the easiest way is to download 'send to kindle' software from Amazon. Install it on your desktop. Now right click a book and click on send to kindle link in the menu. This book will be transferredto both your kindles for free via wifi provided the account is same for both kindles. This would cost a few cents if done thru 3g.

If your son has a different account, don't worry, just use the same program but register it to his Amazon account.....Hope this helps
hellraiser06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert