Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
DoktrJones
DoktrJones is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook mini, likebook plus
edit: After a lot of searching I found a good english dictionary for my Bebook Mini/ Hanlin v5/ lBook/ Papyre/ EZreader/
To use it you need this lBook firmware, modified by Buggins: http://files.mail.ru/TJ8JFM
It uses Coolreader 3 to read .txt, .doc, .html, .fb2 or .rtf. To read epubs you just need to rename your file to *.epub.fb2.
After installing the firmware make a folder named "dict" in the root of your SD card and put the .dict.dz and .index files in there.
Now when you open an ebook you can press "3" too look up a word in the dictionary.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Engdictionary.zip (16.98 MB, 1120 views)

Last edited by DoktrJones; 06-12-2010 at 08:53 AM.
DoktrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
thelude
thelude began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook mini (Hanlin V5)
Working dictionary

Hi DrJones!

Great hunt. It took me a while to build my own dictionary with a good index but capitalsensitive somehow. I will use yours from now on (and look into it for delta). Thanks!

Ludo Sak
thelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Thanks for all your work. I unzipped your file and put it on my PP and it works just fine with the Astak software (Coolreader 3)

Took me a bit to understand how to enter the search word but I figured it out.

Now all we need is the same thing, but a Thesaurus, so I can use it for my writing.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Dan21
Dan21 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
hmm i'm using the newest lbook firmware (6/21)

I followed youre instructions to install the dictionary but pressing 3 does nothing..i'm not sure why it's not working..
Dan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
hmm i'm using the newest lbook firmware (6/21)

I followed youre instructions to install the dictionary but pressing 3 does nothing..i'm not sure why it's not working..
People need to be careful about instructions like "press 3" because you can remap all the keys to do whatever you want. You need to go to the settings for coolreader, and the last item (3rd page I think) lets you look at, and change the key-mappings. If you can't find the right dictionary command, you will need to remap one of the existing keys to the required command.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
Dan21
Dan21 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
alright i'm officially confused now.. i put the .cr3 in my SD root, but i have no idea where the settings for coolreader are.. i'm using the newest build (6/21)...a simple tutorial would be much appreciated!!
Dan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #7
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
alright i'm officially confused now.. i put the .cr3 in my SD root, but i have no idea where the settings for coolreader are.. i'm using the newest build (6/21)...a simple tutorial would be much appreciated!!
Just quickly, start reading a book using coolreader, press the big button to get to the menu, and choose, settings. There are about 3 pages of setting I think, from memory, and the last one lets you assign various commends to the different keys.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #8
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
The dictionary files (2 of them)need to go in a folder called "dict" [lowercase "d"] that is in the root directory of the sd card. Try this and see if it works for the coolreader files.

AJ

Quote:
After installing the firmware make a folder named "dict" in the root of your SD card and put the .dict.dz and .index files in there.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
o0-0o
Enthusiast
o0-0o doesn't littero0-0o doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 301+
Can this modified LBook software be installed on Netronix EB600 based devices, such as Astak Mentor, Cool-ER eReader?
o0-0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0-0o View Post
Can this modified LBook software be installed on Netronix EB600 based devices, such as Astak Mentor, Cool-ER eReader?
No it cannot.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #11
o0-0o
Enthusiast
o0-0o doesn't littero0-0o doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 301+
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
No it cannot.
Thanks for the reply.
Perhaps different hardware needs different drivers.
o0-0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0-0o View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Perhaps different hardware needs different drivers.
That is correct. Different number of buttons, different hardware design. Different manufacturer all contribute to the fact that firmware for the Jinke designed and made device cannot be used on a Netronix designed an made device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #13
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Too neat. Working perfectly. Commend and thank you, DoctrJones. For me it came too late as I've bought a Kindle3 primarily for its dictionary capability and my PPro is shortly to be another's e-Book Reader.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #14
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I've figured out how to use it; however, it still could use some work. For example, the first word I successfully looked up was "noeses". The definition it gave: Plural of noesis. As far as I can tell, there is no way to look up the definition of a word within another definition (unless, of course, that second word is also on the page, but how often does that occur?).
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote