Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hey, here's one I found, downloaded and read just yesterday - it just won the 2009 Nebula award.

Science Fiction -- Ted Chiang "Exhalation"

http://www.nightshadebooks.com/downloads
or http://www.nightshadebooks.com/Downl...d%20Chiang.rtf

from Nightshade books.

Great story.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post
The best anthology I've read which actually is ebook'd is Masterpieces: The Best Science Fiction of the Twentieth Century, selected and edited by Orson Scott Card. Widely available as an ebook.
I bought this on your recommendation - it is truly fantastic - I've discovered/re-discovered so many gems in short form. Wow! Esp. the Sturgeon entry!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
The Game of Rat and Dragon, by Cordwainer Smith. Available on Project Gutenberg. All the other S/F stories written by the author are available at Baen books (in 2 volumes) for $12 US.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #19
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
The Game of Rat and Dragon, by Cordwainer Smith. Available on Project Gutenberg. All the other S/F stories written by the author are available at Baen books (in 2 volumes) for $12 US.
And they're good too I've got a book of (all?) of his short stories published by NESFA a long time ago. I think they're all set in his universe called "Instrumentality of Man"? Probably the same stories - the book I've got was a limited run just published by that sci/con association. Anyway, The Game of Rat and Dragon is classic military sci-fi, it's in this other very good anthology
The Best Military Science Fiction of the 20th Century. I'd forgotten about that one.

Last edited by wayspooled; 09-08-2009 at 04:53 AM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote