Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
IndianaIT
IndianaIT began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 623
Touch Lux 623, no formatting in mobi

Hi Guys,

I currently bought PocketBook 623 Touch Lux. Up until now, I had Amazon Kindle Keyboard, so I deDRMed those few books I had there and tried to load them into the new reader in MOBI.

Some of the books include pictures, code examples and so on. When I open the books in the internal reader of Calibre everything is fine but the moment I open them in the fbreader, they look like badly formatted, early 90's HTML website.

Is it because of fbreader? Thanks in advance.
IndianaIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes. Mobipocket is definitely not the strength of fbreader. As you have open the books in Calibre anyway, convert them to epub and use this format on your Pocketbook.

And welcome to MobileRead!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #3
IndianaIT
IndianaIT began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 623
Thanks for the welcome Billy. I overcame the entire problem by installing Cool Reader. I can now see the book correctly, except for the fact that most of it is in menuet script and is totally oblivious to any font changes I do. I think there is something wrong with the CSS :-)
IndianaIT is offline   Reply With Quote