Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Least Glitches

I have had several ereaders the Kobo (original) Kindle, Kobo touch and the Nook ST all of them but the Kindle has had so many glitches that they're almost unusable. I don't want a Kindle because no expandable memory.

What ereader has the least amount of glitches?
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If you are ruling out the Kindle (and if they've never bothered up to now, it seems unlikely the next Kindle will have expandable memory), why not try the one major player you've yet to try, the Sony PRS-T1 (the T2 is just out but isn't much of an upgrade).
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I would go with an older Sony PRS-650 or PRS-350. I have as well a PRS-T1 which has been far from glitch free. Lots of please waits or the reader application has stopped working or the revolving arrows that totally deplete the battery on occasion. My roommate has had the same glitches.

Expandable memory in a reader can slow things down and only really necessary,IMO, if you want to use audio books on it. I have 4000 books on my 350 and 4217 on my T1 (main memory only). I don't need that many books on at a time, but was curious as to whether it would degrade performance and can't see that it has.

If you like the kindle than that is good. I have had to return my mother's kindle twice because it kept restarting every few minutes. So possibly some kindles have glitches too.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
I think I will go with the Sony.

I do need the expandable memory. I maxed out my memory on my Kindle. I have hundreds of fanfictions that are novel length, hundreds more that are short and then some very, very long fanfictions (one is 3000+pages) plus the novels I buy, free books, free short stories from authors. I didn't have a single audiobook on my Kindle and it took maybe 9-18 months to fill it up.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I haven't had any problems or gitches with Sony T1. I had over 5000 on a card and it worked great. Searching for a title takes 1 or 2 seconds. Recently I reduced the number by about 1000 and moved over 4000 over to the internal memory. I like having the option to use the SD card if I want to.

I like the T1 so much, I got a 2nd one last week. I only have about 500 on it now. It's nice knowing I can put thousands on it with no performance issues. Can't do that with my Kindles.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert