Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
christophlin
christophlin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre - Connect to iTunes Epub Filename

Hi All,

I'm brand new to the forum, and had a particular problem that I keep running into when using Calibre to send files to my iPad.

Everything works fine when I go through the the "Connect to Itunes" process, but a weird phenomenon keeps occurring. All the filenames of the transferred epubs are scrambled. For instance, when I sent "The Help" over to my iTunes, the file is copied in the following directory:

\iTunes\iTunes Media\Books\Kathryn Stockett\pxuqvccaltmpfmt.epub

This just recently started happening to me (never occurred on the my old laptop), and I've uninstalled/reinstalled/upgraded several times. I also tried setting the templates and such, but that's not working either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris
christophlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure the copy files to itunes media folder setting in itunes and calibre are the same, see post 2 of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
christophlin
christophlin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yep, went through and did all that, but still have the problem.

Thoughts?
christophlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You'll have to wait for GRiker he maintains the itunes driver.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote