Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #76
littlestar
Enthusiast
littlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle dx
that's a quastion.
littlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #77
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlestar View Post
GlobalDirectParts is a wholesaler, but for some products the MOQ is 1.
um ok? whats the link for?
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 AM   #78
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlestar View Post
Thanks for alansplace,odiakkoh,chas0039,DiapDealer. you are right! I check again and again then finally find out you guys are right. I made a mistake. THANKS AGAIN!
ok im really confused on why you added my name. i didnt say anything about right or wrong. just that my personal experience has been difficult when trying to find other people to buy something wholesale with me.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #79
littlestar
Enthusiast
littlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-bookslittlestar has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
ok im really confused on why you added my name. i didnt say anything about right or wrong. just that my personal experience has been difficult when trying to find other people to buy something wholesale with me.
Mistake again and agian ,my god !
Then thank you for replying to my post, would this be a reason for thank you?

Last edited by littlestar; 06-10-2011 at 12:07 AM.
littlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:40 PM   #80
edu500ac
edu500ac began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600/Kindle 2
I own five kindles, two nooks, and one Sony. Kindle 2 is a sturdy device. I own two of them. One is used by my son, a medical student. He uses an iPad for playing Angry Birds, and the K2 for everything else; notwithstanding, the device is in mint condition. The keyboad looks brand new, not three years old. My wife is a lawyer; she uses her K2 for technical books, latin dictionary, and all kind of documents; again, her K2 looks brand new. I cannot say the same thing about the Kindle 3. After one year, the keyboard letters are faded. I also own a Kindle Touch, but it is two early to give an opinion.

The All New Nook is not as sturdy as the Kindle 2. If I drop my Nook from a height of 5 feet, it comes apart. The same can be said about the Kindle 3.

As for the battery, theu seem to have a very long lifespan. When I bought my son's K2, I made carefull tests. I found out that the battery last something like 100 hundred hours of continuous reading, and about 10000 page turns. Almost three years later, the battery last 100 hours, and about 10000 page turns. After one year, the iPad battery has lost about 30% of its capacity. When new, the iPad could play a film for 9 hours. The one year old iPad can play a film for about 6 hours.
edu500ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #81
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu500ac
As for the battery, theu seem to have a very long lifespan. When I bought my son's K2, I made carefull tests. I found out that the battery last something like 100 hundred hours of continuous reading, and about 10000 page turns. Almost three years later, the battery last 100 hours, and about 10000 page turns. After one year, the iPad battery has lost about 30% of its capacity. When new, the iPad could play a film for 9 hours. The one year old iPad can play a film for about 6 hours.
The original battery in my K2 is finally starting to show signs of getting tired. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a newer reader, but as easy as it will be to replace the battery in this device (and the fact that I love my K2 even more than the K3 that lives in my house)... it's pretty much a no-brainer. I'll be ordering a new battery and the K2 will keep on truckin'.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #82
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu500ac View Post
The All New Nook is not as sturdy as the Kindle 2. If I drop my Nook from a height of 5 feet, it comes apart. The same can be said about the Kindle 3.
The obvious solution to that is, I guess, "then don't drop it".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #83
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
There has been a crack in the case of my Kindle Keyboard radiating from the bottom right corner of the screen since a month after I got it (last spring). I wasn't too concerned until the other day when I noticed a new crack in the opposite bottom corner. It's never been dropped and I'm not sure the cracks are a big problem, but I called Amazon and they are sending out a new one.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #84
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
There has been a crack in the case of my Kindle Keyboard radiating from the bottom right corner of the screen since a month after I got it (last spring). I wasn't too concerned until the other day when I noticed a new crack in the opposite bottom corner. It's never been dropped and I'm not sure the cracks are a big problem, but I called Amazon and they are sending out a new one.
It's a known defect in the K3; happens to a pretty high percentage of them. It's a purely cosmetic defect, but probably as well to get it replaced, since it could affect its resale value. It's probably the reason that the K4 and KT have rounded, rather than sharp, corners to their screen bezel.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote