Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Question before I upgrade - can I go back if it doesn't work?

Hi all,

I've never upgraded my Cybook (I have version 1.0.681) and am a bit nervous about doing it ... after all, I am mostly happy with how it works right now, except for the fact that I can't read PDF files. Most people seem to be happy with the latest upgrade, but still, I would feel better if I knew for certain I can go back if things don't work out as expected.

So, I have a few questions:

- Is it possible to "downgrade" from version 1.2.796 to 1.0.681?
- If so, how is it done?
- Should I take precautions before I upgrade, such as making a backup of my system, and how can I do this?

Thanks in advance
Florence
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
To downgrade you would need the 681-update_kernel file, I suppose even the fmt version that formats the ram completely before installing the firmware - you can write to bookeen, maybe they can send you the file.

I doubt that you will need it though, the latest update is really stable.

You should always make a backup of your cybooks content before you upgrade, other than that there should not be anything to worry about, just make sure that the cybook is fully charged before you run the update.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Thank you Pulp, that's just the information I was looking for! I guess I'll just have to take the risk and do the upgrade then...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
precautions, update, upgrade