Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
Built in Storage Drive Problem

I have an ECO Reader and recently have been unable to transfer book files to the built in storage drive. I can however write the to the SD storage.
Can I reformat the built in storage and if I do will this action delete the firmware?
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
teemac
teemac doesn't litterteemac doesn't litter

Device: ECO Reader V3ext, ECO Reader V3+
It will be OK to format the builtin storage. Formatting the drive does not affect the firmware in any way at all. Make sure to shut the ECOReader down and restart after the format - this allows the firmware to build certain directories on the drive ready for use.

You will LOSE all documents & books etc that are currently on the ECOReader. The standard freebies ebooks are available again at the update link you can get from ECOReader support.
teemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #3
roytravis
Enthusiast

Thanks teemac, I will do that
Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
teemac already answered your question but
If you have an sd card I would recommend using it instead of the internal storage.
Flash Memory can be a written to a limited number of times although the theoretical limit is quite large but better safe than sorry. And even on 1gb card you can store over a thousands book easily so no need to use the internal storage
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
roytravis
Enthusiast

Thanks Dopedangel, it happens that I do load my books onto the SD card and then transfer them to the internal storage after reading. As you point out I do not really need the internal storage, I just like everything to work