Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 01:53 AM   #121
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Smile Props to Kubizo

Meant to post before: LOVE THIS!!!!!
Works beautifully and I now never know what will pop up. Tons of photos look wonderful! Just one hint: use clearest pics and ones that have white space too dark is just ... dark.

Thank you so much!

Worth using peeps!

Alley
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #122
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Hi Allison Dbl,

thanks for your comments and for the suggestions! Glad to know that you liked it!

I fully agree with you. Actually, not only the kindle screen does not have full white (it only ranges from black to kind of bright grey), but it also renders colors in a way that is not very linear. In other words, an image that looks nice and contrasty on a PC screen, might look dull on a Kindle.

I'm working on that and I hope to come up with a way to optimize the images so that they look as good as possible.

Thanks again!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #123
truseva
truseva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3&4 KSO
Will it work with a Kindle 3 KSO too?
truseva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #124
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Hi Truseva,

no it won't. The KSO is discounted thanks to the screensavers. Removing them would not be just "hacking", it would be kind of like taking money from Amazon.

Ciao and thanks for your interest!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #125
truseva

Thank you, Kubizo!
It's a pity though, you've got some great screensavers.
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #126
Kubizo
Connoisseur

Thanks, glad you like them!

I believe Amazon can take the Special Offer away... but right now doing so it's pretty expensive (30 USD). I bet it will go down in the future though.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #127
truseva

They are not taking them away for the K3, at least not yet, only the K4 can benefit from the additional $30 payment. I could easily live with them if they were more esthetic and screensaver-like, but 80% of the SO are amazingly ugly.
Oh well. Still you do a great job for the regular Kindle owners
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #128
cyril ma
cyril ma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
thanks a million
cyril ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #129
Andyjlye
Andyjlye began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Good information shared
Andyjlye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #130
Cindee
Cindee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is www.*ereaderiq.*com down since yesterday?
Cindee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #131
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindee View Post
Is www.*ereaderiq.*com down since yesterday?
Yes, eReaderIQ was down all day. It is my understanding that they (and many other websites) were affected by a major disruption to their hosting service. They're back up again now.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #132
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3
Exclamation USE HIM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubizo View Post
Hi everyone! I'd love to add my website to the list, it is called Kubizo: http://www.kubizo.com. There are three sections:
1) How to change Kindle screensaver, including an automatic application that installs the screensaver. You do not need to fumble with hacks
2) A gallery of Kindle screensaver pictures
3) Coming soon (still working on it), a Kindle screensaver generator

Thanks everyone!
OMFG, I Sparkly Heart LOVE You!!! This was SO easy to do!!
JsKindle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #133
Kubizo
Connoisseur

Hi JsKindle3,

thanks for your enthusiasm! :-) I'm blushing!

PS: I really love the quotes in your signature!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #134
Cimmerian
Cimmerian began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo PocketPC Phone
Russian-language Kindle e-books can be found at www.MobiPocket.ru
They are traditionally delivered zipped, but i've heard from the eevelopers of the ite recently they plan to add clear .mobi download links, so e-books would be easier to download directly to the devices (like feeding in Kindle app on iPad directly).
Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #135
ebookerz
ebookerz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New Kindle manual

There's another manual on the Kindle out. "Kindle - the unofficial manual. Guidebook, tips and tricks" claims to be the most comprehensive of all available publications. It actually contains some stuff I didn't know yet

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-unoffic...783259&sr=8-23
ebookerz is offline   Reply With Quote