Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
THE FIRST EVER JETBOOK VIDEO REVIEW

soooooo, i manned up and made an English jetBook video review

got a couple of my pro friends with their cameras to shoot the angles and even do the editing for me.

hope this helps to visually see the functions the jetBook has and hope to hear some comments!

disclaimer: (this is the first video review i have ever done in my life lol)

LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
I appreciate the review, but there were too many closeups of your thumb clicking the buttons. It would've been really nice to actually see how the dictionary functions and how thorough the definitions are. But all we got was a thumb clicking away...
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
I appreciate the review, but there were too many closeups of your thumb clicking the buttons. It would've been really nice to actually see how the dictionary functions and how thorough the definitions are. But all we got was a thumb clicking away...
i knowwww, my friends got too close at times...but hope the thumbs look good at least
Old 07-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
They were nice looking thumbs. Have you ever considered hand modeling?
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
LuBiB, it is really nice review in HQ mode. It shows the quality of the screen, folders and easy interface. Good job!!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Thanks for the review. The next time you might try and hold it still longer. It was a little like a flag waving the breeze. You gave a good overview of how it works. Were you trying to avoid technical stuff?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Good introduction to the jetBook! I think it's difficult for people to realize just how simple it is to use. You did a good job of demonstrating the ease-of-use.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #8
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
interesting.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:26 AM   #9
Hannes
Enthusiast
Hannes will become famous soon enoughHannes will become famous soon enoughHannes will become famous soon enoughHannes will become famous soon enoughHannes will become famous soon enoughHannes will become famous soon enoughHannes will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader, iPhone
Really nice HQ review, doesn't look like it's your first one at all. Thanks for your work!

Bye
Johannes
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #10
LuBiB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
They were nice looking thumbs. Have you ever considered hand modeling?
lol, my hand modeling skills would resemble that of Zoolander
Old 07-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #11
LuBiB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Thanks for the review. The next time you might try and hold it still longer. It was a little like a flag waving the breeze. You gave a good overview of how it works. Were you trying to avoid technical stuff?

Dale
i tried to avoid the technical stuff and mainly focused on the ease of use since going in-depth about the functions would make it a 10+ minute video. keeping it under 6 minutes was my actual goal.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
One think I thought was really nice about the Jetbook firmware was the file manager built right onto the device. You stated you can hook it to your PC and create folders... you can also create folder right from the device and move books (files) around without needing to connect to a PC.

This could be nice for people that like to move a book to a "Read" folder after they are done with it, which keeping it on the reader.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Sure are a lot of penguins wearing top hats in this thread.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Sure are a lot of penguins wearing top hats in this thread.
Apparently luBIB is my twin brother.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Apparently luBIB is my twin brother.

BOb
Now you're triplets!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote