Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Mourning a loss

Well, it's official. My Sony Reader is officially lost. I don't know if I left it on one of my Southwest flights from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando to Baltimore or if it was taken from work but it's gone and I doubt I'll ever see it again.

It was my constant companion on over 120 flights over the past year. I've read more in one year on my Reader than I have in any other year of my life.

I guess I'll have to start over saving for a new one. If anyone happens to see a Sony Reader in a nice Sony lightwedge case, please let me know.

Does anyone know if I can contact Sony to contact me if someone tries to register it again?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Well, it certainly worth contacting Sony and having a go.

I'd be lost without my Reader.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Did you have any info on it that would let someone contact you if they found it?

I kinda got a icky feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read your post...much like what most of the people here are getting, I'm sure.

So sorry for your loss.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Did you have any info on it that would let someone contact you if they found it?

I kinda got a icky feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read your post...much like what most of the people here are getting, I'm sure.

So sorry for your loss.
I second this I'm really sorry to hear it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, maybe it'll make it's way back home.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Did you contact Southwest Airlines to make sure they keep an eye out for it as well?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I used PRSCustomizer to put my name and email on the about page. I should have put my name somewhere more conspicuous. I'm on the phone with Sony Support right now, waiting to talk to a manager, but their policy is absolutely ridiculous. Here I am, the rightful owner, who can validate all of the account information for the device (which I registered and authorized in the Sony software) telling them that my device has been lost or stolen. I would like to be notified if someone tries to deauthorize my current account or authorize a new account with this reader. The rep is telling me that if the person has the serial number, or device ID, that they (support) will deauthorize any existing accounts without questions. So even if I tell support, and they put it into the comments, anyone can claim the device.

So frustrating!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
astrodad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Did you contact Southwest Airlines to make sure they keep an eye out for it as well?
Yes I opened a report with them. I also contacted the Orlando and Baltimore airports and they have seen nothing.

I am going to call Southwest right now and find out the destination cities for the flights I flew and I'm going to contact those airports to see if someone might have found it.

The very nice lady at Southwest told me that she sees those reported all the time and that people DO get them back, so hopefully, someone nice will find it and turn it in!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
astrodad
Guru

Aha! I was able to find my original registration email with the serial number. They flagged the device and said that I will be notified if someone tries to register or authorize the device. Won't THAT be an interesting conversation?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
astrodad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Well, it certainly worth contacting Sony and having a go.

I'd be lost without my Reader.
I am completely lost without it. I'm here at the hotel with absolutely nothing to do. Thank God for calibre and Dropbox! I can still access my book, at least from my computer.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Please be sure and post again if you get it back so that we can rejoice with you..
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
astrodad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Please be sure and post again if you get it back so that we can rejoice with you..
Absolutely.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Wow, that sucks. Hope it turns up.

I know I'd be lost without a reader.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of

I don't know what to say, but I know I'd be just sick if this happened to me!

I hope you encounter a good Samaritan who finds your baby and gets it back to you!

Until then, here's a virtual beer to help numb the pain.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:37 AM   #14
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I feel your pain.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #15
pcmedic
Enthusiast
pcmedic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
I hope you find it. That would really stink.

David S.
pcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote