Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Shiny New eb1150

Just thought I would add my .02 worth here. I've had my ebookwise reader for a week now and am very pleased with it so far.

Thanks to posts here at mobileread I went ahead and decided to buy this device instead of one of e-ink devices. Those are just really out of my budget right now. The eb really seems like a step up from the sony handhelds that I've been using for years to read on. So long as the smartcards can be found if you are on a budget this really is nice ebook reading device.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I think, in a lot of ways, the reader you stick with will be the one that suits your current needs. One of the women I work with and I both have a Sony Reader and an eBookwise. I don't think I've touched my eBookwise since I bought the Reader. She, on the other hand, really loves the back-lighting and the ability to rotate the screen (so the page turns can be switched between left and right hands). Since she's a mother of three young girls, her reading time is mostly squeezed in after the kids go to bed. So reading with the display backlit suits her very well.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Just thought I would add my .02 worth here. I've had my ebookwise reader for a week now and am very pleased with it so far.

Thanks to posts here at mobileread I went ahead and decided to buy this device instead of one of e-ink devices. Those are just really out of my budget right now. The eb really seems like a step up from the sony handhelds that I've been using for years to read on. So long as the smartcards can be found if you are on a budget this really is nice ebook reading device.
Welcome, it is really a nice reader with features not in the more recent models.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
The EB 1150 is a great reader! The ability to write notes on it, the dictionary look-up, the flexible orientation and the comfortable back lighting all make it a grade A reader.

In fact, I find myself switching between the Kindle, Sony, the iPod Touch and the EB 1150 all the time, for different occasions.

I don't know if this makes me weird, or the fact that I am weird makes me weird.

Glad you are enjoying the EB!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #5
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to not be such a lurker in the future and post some more.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
I like the EB1150 alot -- for me, the problem isn't the backlighting, it's the weight. I'm hooked on reading my Cybook in bed w/o its cover on -- it seems so light it almost floats!
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
The EB 1150 is a great reader! The ability to write notes on it, the dictionary look-up, the flexible orientation and the comfortable back lighting all make it a grade A reader.

In fact, I find myself switching between the Kindle, Sony, the iPod Touch and the EB 1150 all the time, for different occasions.

I don't know if this makes me weird, or the fact that I am weird makes me weird.

Glad you are enjoying the EB!
i'm pretty sure it's the fact that you are weird which makes you weird, donnageddon.

but i also have an eb1150 and love it, despite its flaws (i agree lmarie, it's far too heavy !). i do think it has the best ergonomy of any reader currently available. if only i could have an eb1150 with an e-ink screen and half the weight (or less...) that would be perfect.

enjoy your eb1150 ; you'll find plenty of books in the correct format for it in our ebooks section here, take a look around.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 AM   #8
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
happy too

I have had my little EB 1150 for a few months now and I have to say I love it! Yes the weight is alittle heavy, but really not that much more than an average paperback.

For the price I think it does a great job.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote