Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I could never go back to my Bamboo after using the Jot Pro stylus

So, I had a few eBay bucks, and my Bamboo is starting to show wear and tear, and needs a tip replacement. So I decided to try out the Jot Pro in the meantime, and my first impression is - Wow.

The pen itself is a little sturdier than the Bamboo, and feels great in your hands. I got it in red, and it is a beautiful and deep shade of it. It has a better grip than the Bamboo, and the overall thinness of it makes it a lot better to work with. The cap is a little hard to get on and off at first, but once you get that it works like a screw, it's very easy to deal with, and much better than the typical pen.

I tested it on my S2 Skyrocket first because I didn't have my iPad on hand. There is a small learning curve, but once you do teach yourself how to keep the disc on the screen and glide it around with very little pressure, it's really enjoyable to use. I tested it with SketchBook Mobile, and it's extremely powerful with the smaller brushes and you can really get into the small areas and add finer details.

If you're using a stylus for note taking, this isn't the pen to use, but if you're like me and like to doodle and spend like hours drawing and painting in SketchBook or whatever, this is the best $30 stylus you can get. The Bamboo is great, but this is even better. I'm going to save a little money and get the Touch version once it's out, that's how much I like it.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 01-18-2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typo
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Have you tried the Hand Stylus I mentioned some months ago? It is the best I've used, particularly due to the small, 4mm nib.

http://handstylus.com/brochure.html
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Have you tried the Hand Stylus I mentioned some months ago? It is the best I've used, particularly due to the small, 4mm nib.

No, not yet. I kinda like this because it doesn't have a nib though. Nothing to wear down.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 01-20-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typo
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post

This stylus is easily my favorite. Lots of utility for me.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
This stylus is easily my favorite. Lots of utility for me.
Me too (but I must confess I am not an artist). The 4mm nib is outstanding!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert