Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
KindleMan
Enthusiast
KindleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Where is Dan Brown?

Where is Dan Brown's next book? It's been 5 years since The DaVince Code came out! Haven't they sold enuf of that one? I want the next book now before I forget who Dan Brown is! LOL

Ok I feel better now, just looking forward to his next book (The Solomon Key?)
KindleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think you should find him and kick his butt. That'll teach him!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMan View Post
Where is Dan Brown's next book? It's been 5 years since The DaVince Code came out! Haven't they sold enuf of that one? I want the next book now before I forget who Dan Brown is! LOL
You should catch up on your Ludlum and Crichton while you are waiting. The Solomon Scandals has a similar title.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Hopefully happilly retired. The DaVinci Code left a bad taste in my mouth, and I loved Angels/Demons and Digital Fortress.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Perhaps he is busy reading his Kindle II

Quote:

Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 02:05 AM   #6
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I assume he is busy counting his money.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
I assume he is busy counting his money.
Came in to say this
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Probably sleeping in late on a mattress stuffed with money.

I almost said "probably reading some older classier books and trying to decide which to borrow from" but that would suggest some sort of half-a$$ed plaigerism, so I didn't say it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

I almost said "probably reading some older classier books and trying to decide which to borrow from" but that would suggest some sort of half-a$$ed plaigerism, so I didn't say it.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

He doesn't need older classier books, he replicates his own.
I read 'The Da Vinci Code' and "Angels & Demons' and they are exactly alike.... Take the manuscript of Angels & Demons; change all 'Illuminati' in 'Priory of Sion' and look for the most unlikely figure in the book when you want to know who the bad guy is........
Don't get me wrong, they are fun to read, but if you have read one then the other holds no surprises anymore.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #11
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:

Try Umberto Eco: you'll forget Dan Brown before the end of the first page...

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
He doesn't need older classier books, he replicates his own.
I read 'The Da Vinci Code' and "Angels & Demons' and they are exactly alike.... Take the manuscript of Angels & Demons; change all 'Illuminati' in 'Priory of Sion' and look for the most unlikely figure in the book when you want to know who the bad guy is........
Don't get me wrong, they are fun to read, but if you have read one then the other holds no surprises anymore.
I completely agree with this statement. It's even worse when you read a third one, since it's different (yet the same) characters.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #13
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
Try Umberto Eco: you'll forget Dan Brown before the end of the first page...

Loved 'The Name of the Rose'

Couldn't get through 'Foucault's Pendulum' though
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #14
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
I didn't see "Meteor" mentioned with all the Dan Brown books. That was not bad - but out of content to DaVinci Code.

If you like historic books, try Mika Waltari and Peter Berling. Their books are great, read them in german and some in english too.
I have read all their books and i loved them all.
If you start Peter Berling, see that you get them straight in a row.

keep reading
harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #15
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You should catch up on your Ludlum and Crichton while you are waiting. The Solomon Scandals has a similar title.

BOb
Aren't both Ludlum and Crichton now dead? Crichton this year and Ludlum a few years ago, right? I don't think we'll be getting much new from them. But, I do need to go look up The Solomon Scandals...I haven't read that one.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote