Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #91
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Now it looks it might be not EU model related after all.
I did the repartitioning.
I do not have the log of the failed attempt to install AMR 2012-11-21.
I learned that the (partial?) log was available in /system partition too late...
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #92
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
trocchietto,

OK, here is my guide - sort of
=== 1st draft ===
Parkher, you made me happy
Thanks to you , rupor, boroda, shark, mark, and also melt down to make this possible for me and thousands users. Now my hope is sony will reconquer market quotes and will come up with a color device in September
cheers and спасибо
events like this make hacking philosophy so human and nice

Last edited by trocchietto; 11-24-2012 at 05:29 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #93
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
trocchietto,

rupor says that ADB step is not needed if you do Apps2SD because Apps2SD includes also ADB.

Anyway, now rupor switched to new firmware.
I am still on the previous one, AMR version 2012-11-18.
AMR 2012-11-21 failed for me and AMR 2012-11-23-2 failed for shark69.
I dared to install 2012-11-21 again and it failed again, shark69 dared to install 2012-11-23-2 again and he was successful. My model is EU, his is US.
The new AMR 2012-11-25 (it requires the new firmware) should be safer because it restores /system to the factory state before installing AMR.

Last edited by parkher; 11-24-2012 at 03:53 PM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #94
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
As far as as I know after my problems, we can say that the more safe method is to use last AMR for new firmware. This is my advice. Update to new firm and install AMR.

http://translate.google.com/translat...de-SONY-PRS-T2
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #95
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
trocchietto,

rupor says that ADB step is not needed if you do Apps2SD because Apps2SD includes also ADB.

(...)mega cut.

The new AMR 2012-11-25 (it requires the new firmware) should be safer because it restores /system to the factory state before installing AMR.
HI Guys, sorry I am confusing my self, I hope to not appear inopportune still with questions, but now I do not know what to do anymore

the steps are so...
backup...jailbreak..AMR 2012 11 25 as I have an EU model(no dictionary no adb, maybe in a second time), right?

Also considering the last Shark69 comments, I should not do jailbreak anymore? I do not have to follow anymore your procedure? and also the dictionary I do not need russian( also if I love russian girls more than every girl in the world), so I can jump that step, to install dictionaries not to love russian girls?
app2sd)
Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #96
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
trocchietto

Update to the latest firmware (if not done so already)
Backup
Jailbreak
Latest AMR

Enjoy...
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #97
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
trocchietto

Update to the latest firmware (if not done so already)
Backup
Jailbreak
Latest AMR

Enjoy...
if for latest firmware you mean the one before of a couple of days ago...
slurp. I have a tongue bigger than your avatar:0
Spasibo
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #98
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
if for latest firmware you mean the one before of a couple of days ago...
I think every moment of time has a single latest firmware for a particular device - or there is something deeply wrong with my English
Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #99
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
I think every moment of time has a single latest firmware for a particular device - or there is something deeply wrong with my English
ah ah you are right
i mean this
firmware 1.0.03.09110 (parkher was saying the 2012-11-21 version if you have an EU reader does not work")

still thank you, I will try next week to root

Last edited by trocchietto; 11-28-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #100
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Is anyone investigating porting the T2 software to the T1? I know the T2 is missing the audio hardware on the T1, but adding Evernote/Facebook to the T1 would be pretty awesome.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #101
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Is anyone investigating porting the T2 software to the T1? I know the T2 is missing the audio hardware on the T1, but adding Evernote/Facebook to the T1 would be pretty awesome.
hi hwlester,
there is another open post on that
Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #102
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
hi hwlester,
there is another open post on that
Thanks, I will track that down.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #103
denneke
denneke began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
trocchietto,

OK, here is my guide - sort of
=== 1st draft ===

8. AMR. FINALLY! THIS we want! (but not the 2012-11-21 version if you have an EU model). I tried it twice, and both times T2 would not boot.
Needed to use the full backup to rescue the device twice in one day. With EU device, better use the previous AMR version, or, possibly the next one, if the issue is fixed.

Anyway, do this again:
- download rupor-minimal.7z, unpack it. Connect T2 to the PC if not yet connected, etc.
- run flash_reader.bat, the device should reboot and be ready (hopefully). Almost certainly with non-eu models.
- get the log.

You can install new versions of AMR as they appear simply the same way, but you cannot go back to an earlier version of AMR.
Thx for the guide! Highly appreciate it!

You say it is not possible with fw version: 1.0.04.11081 right?

However, i read on http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=25407&start=0 that that version only works with 1.0.04.11081. So is this a new version or am i confusing some things?

Am waiting on the mailman, should arrive any moment with my T2! Can't wait, so trying to master the jailbreak steps already.
denneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #104
rupor
meat popsicle

All AMR packages have been moved to 1.0.04.11081. Previous firmware version is not supported...
Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #105
denneke
denneke began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Ok, nice. And this is latest firmware version? Mail delivery man didnt show up today So still not the ereader (A) Crossing fingers it arrives tomorrow. Jailbreak it immediately cause i think that's the best moment because of clean installation.

Things I may not forget?
denneke is offline   Reply With Quote