Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Beckeyd
Beckeyd began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, droid incredible
Question Tried to Root won't boot

Sorry didn't mean to rhyme just came out.

Ok so I followed the directions on the Nook Dev site. I have the color with the lastest update 1.3.0. From what I saw here there wasn't an auto-nooter available for this version yet but version 2.0 of the manual version should have worked.

The last step for the manual version said to plug the device into my computer with the 2.0 SD card in the Nook. The computer should recognize a new device plugged in and auto boot the nook even though the screen should stay black. I did this and the computer did start to recognize a new device it even downloaded/installed new drivers. The directions said for the manual version to let the device stay plugged into the computer for 5 minutes while it updated files. I waited and after unplugging my nook from the computer it won't turn on.

Please don't tell me I have a brick. What do I do? I tried the process twice.

Beckeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
You have to use manual noot 4.6.16

So I dont know where you got your info from...its virtually impossible to brick this thing.

It boots from the memory card so pop the clockwork card in and wipe everything and start from scratch.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:07 AM   #3
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
For future reference: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post17235819

Did you make a CWM card during the process you were following? Will the NC turn on with the card in the slot?
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Beckeyd

Thanks I'll try these this weekend when I have time to focus. I'll let you all know how it goes!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
You removed the SD card after rooting, right? Otherwise, the Nook will just try to boot the SD card again.
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Beckeyd

Worked now. I guess I was using the wrong version or skipped a step. Thanks all!