Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
blucat13
blucat13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
A big THANKS for saving my investment...

I started out on an E-Bookwise reader a couple of years ago. I have a significant investment in books, most either in ereader format or MS Reader format. I had switched from reading on my EBookwise to my iPhone, until my iPhone got stolen a few months ago.

When the new Kindle came out a couple of days ago at the lower price, I jumped in and pre-ordered. However, I was not happy about the notion that I was losing my previous investment in my books, especially since I tend to read my books over and over again.

Though I know it is not too kosher to talk about DRM-stripping here, through various threads here I was pointed toward ways to convert my lit and pdb files into a format that can be read on a Kindle. So, thanks to everyone here who shares their knowledge of how to go through the back door.

This is the best place I know to get straight talk and honest answers about all things that us digital 'bookies' are into!

tr
blucat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Bluecat. You're by no means alone in picking up useful tips here. Glad to hear you got your heard-earned library back. Best wishes. Neil
Attached Images

neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert