Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #1
guardian26
guardian26 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 300
sony reader library problem

I was trying to get a new book today and when I started up my reader library, I am only able to get the right half of the reader library screen....not the part on the left where the store search box is, and I cant seem to fix then even thought I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Any ideas?
guardian26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I've had so many problems with the Sony Reader that I've just uninstalled it. It's confusing and frustrating buggy crap, and I'm sure rushed in development. It'll probably take a few generations for them to sort this out.

The good news is that you don't need it at all. You can move files to it through the windows explorer. And as for the fancy functions Calibre does it better than the Sony Library anyway. So... just delete and ignore.

I've managed to buy books to it in other shops in other formats and converted them. That's a nice thing about the Sony Reader.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Have a look here, maybe it helps:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=66
The whole thread is full of useful information, and the wiki (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony...shooting_Guide) is being updated.

Unfortunately you do need the sony software installed if you want to borrow from libraries, even if you choose to use adobe digital editions. But it's true that you can do almost everything else without it.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
guardian26
guardian26 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 300
Worked perfectly thx!
guardian26 is offline   Reply With Quote