Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 04:24 AM   #1
alkr
alkr began at the beginning.

Device: PalmTX
HTML to TXT conversion

Hi,

I'm using Calibre for a short time now but I observed that html tags like the one below will cause the rest of the paragraph which follows to disappear from the converted text. This also true for various other target formats with the exception of mobi and pdf.

that is, she was tall and slender, with a long neck, a low forehead, and a handsome
<!-- start of page 247 in source -->
nose. Even after six years of the best company, too, she still had excellent

Anybody experienced this?
alkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That looks as though comments embedded in the HTML are not being handled correctly?

I would have thought comments were relatively rare in ebooks (although I could be wrong), snd would only be possible in some formats (such as HTML) so I could quite understand a bug of this type being present.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 04:47 AM   #3
alkr
alkr began at the beginning.

Device: PalmTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
That looks as though comments embedded in the HTML are not being handled correctly?

I would have thought comments were relatively rare in ebooks (although I could be wrong), snd would only be possible in some formats (such as HTML) so I could quite understand a bug of this type being present.
I'm not sure what's exactly snd but the source file is not a true ebook, it was just a simple download of a web page. Only after I started reading it I found out that half of text is missing. So I came here...
alkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
comments should be handled fine, they are present extensively in downloaded periodical content for example. You need to attach a test case/open a ticket.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote