Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
sunsetsylvia
Enthusiast
sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (sangria red), PRS-350 (silber), Galaxy Tab
Copying/Transfering from Reader to Library on new PC?

Hello everybody!
I am pretty new here and while I am certain this question has been addressed somewhere here before, I couldn't find it.

I'd like to connect my 505 with a new computer, but can't figure out how to transfer the books on the reader to the new empty "library".
When I conncted the reader it did some syncing but in the end nothing happened. Now I am hesitant to experiment further, since I'm afraid that it could be syncing the empty library folders with the reader instead of the other way round.

Any suggestions about the right thing to do?

Last edited by sunsetsylvia; 04-19-2009 at 02:00 PM.
sunsetsylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
sunsetsylvia
Enthusiast
sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Me again!
I did some research and decided to use calibre on the new PC. However, calibre doesn't find the reader until now. Hmpf!
Oh, and I'm using XP.

Last edited by sunsetsylvia; 04-19-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Just copy the books from the Reader to your hard drive using Explorer. Then import them into the eBook Library.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
sunsetsylvia
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply.
I did what you said before but had problems with syncing and adding (to) the collections. Now I de-installed and installed calibre once again and this seems to work now.
*crosses fingers*