Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #691
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Dagnabbit. I was hoping someone would find it. (Haven't been around in a few days so I read these posts with some anticipation today.) I have the DVDs of Season 1 lovingly enshrined on my home theatre PC, complete with tv promo "bumps" and such. I've got a WMC plugin that shows background graphics on the episode selection screen, and all the episode descriptions... Put a lot of work into that. I just need the pilot to complete my video shrine to Harry Dresden.

Saw Paul Blackthorne in an episode of something on CBS the other night. I don't even remember what I was watching, probably CSI, I just looked up and yelled "Harry!!" and my roommate was like "Huh?" and I spend a good 15 minutes explaining.
Yeah, I was very disappointed as well. I have the DVD set called 'Year 1', (IIRC - hah) too.

Paul Blackthorne is a member of the ensemble cast of 'The River' on ABC. I wonder what he was in on NBC? You say CSI? .... Ok, I found it at IMDB, yep! Did he play it in his native British accent or in his Harry Dresden American?
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #692
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Er, hi Dresden Files fans. Thanks, Alan, for dragging me here. I know there's a Dresden Files thread but I can't say I'm a fan so never got in here.

"A hundred pages" of the first book, of course. I think it's Storm Front. Finished it, though. But as I said, I was not at ease with the style, so I haven't come to read #2.
Sorry you're not yet a fan and especially that you're "not at ease with the style"! That's not a comment that I've seen before! Yes, 'Storm Front' is the 1st of 13 books in the series. Perhaps, if you try one or more of the others you might begin to feel differently. FYI, 'Storm Front' was his first published novel and was written as a class project in college.

Anyway, thanks for coming and checking it out here, enjoy our little thread.
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #693
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'm about half way through Turn Coat. I really like Morgan in this book. He's showing a lot more personality. He's still a jerk, but I understand him a bit better now.

It seems like Thomas gets into just about as much trouble as Harry. Poor guy .
Yeah, this is probably both Morgan's high point and his low point.

Oh yes, Thomas, the part-time sidekick, I love it!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #694
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yeah, I was very disappointed as well. I have the DVD set called 'Year 1', (IIRC - hah) too.

Paul Blackthorne is a member of the ensemble cast of 'The River' on ABC. I wonder what he was in on NBC? You say CSI? .... Ok, I found it at IMDB, yep! Did he play it in his native British accent or in his Harry Dresden American?
This is going to sound silly, but I didn't pay attention to the accent (or lack thereof). Or maybe I did but not enough to remember now. I was going to start recording and then watching 'The River' but I have issues getting ABC in the evenings sometimes, and it was a crapshoot as to whether or not any given episode would be watchable once recording. (I have an antenna and dual digital networked tuner, which is in turn connected to my home theater PC.) I ended up putting it on the list of "Things to catch when Season 1 is on DVD" along with Pan Am.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been busy with work during the day, and I discovered Skyrim a week ago, so there's my evenings.

Since I only have two more Dresdens left, I refuse to read another one until I hear a confirmed release date for Cold Days.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #695
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
He Beat Me to it!

Hubby has finished the series to date and is impatiently awaiting Cold Days.

Work, volunteering, and playing with a borrowed iPad (1) have taken up my time. I'm the head of two committees at my children's school, now.

Anyway, I've just restarted Dead Beat in the hopes of jump starting my reading again. I accidentally "spoilered" myself while looking up info on Thomas. Yes, I knew better, but that's what I get for googling while sleep deprived. On a positive note, I love Mouse!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #696
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
On a positive note, I love Mouse!!
Who could not love the gentle wooly mammoth, besides Mister that is .
IMHO Mouse keeps getting better as the series goes on (with Changes being the high point).
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #697
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Oooh! I love Mouse! Best fictional dog ever. Makes Lassie look like a total n00b.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #698
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
This is going to sound silly, but I didn't pay attention to the accent (or lack thereof). Or maybe I did but not enough to remember now. I was going to start recording and then watching 'The River' but I have issues getting ABC in the evenings sometimes, and it was a crapshoot as to whether or not any given episode would be watchable once recording. (I have an antenna and dual digital networked tuner, which is in turn connected to my home theater PC.) I ended up putting it on the list of "Things to catch when Season 1 is on DVD" along with Pan Am.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been busy with work during the day, and I discovered Skyrim a week ago, so there's my evenings.

Since I only have two more Dresdens left, I refuse to read another one until I hear a confirmed release date for Cold Days.
Hmmm....I always notice the accent right away. The River was only 8 episodes including the season finale. Glad to see you back, as I was feeling knida' lonely lately. I'm still thinking a release date of around Christmastime.

Quote:
Hubby has finished the series to date and is impatiently awaiting Cold Days.

Work, volunteering, and playing with a borrowed iPad (1) have taken up my time. I'm the head of two committees at my children's school, now.

Anyway, I've just restarted Dead Beat in the hopes of jump starting my reading again. I accidentally "spoilered" myself while looking up info on Thomas. Yes, I knew better, but that's what I get for googling while sleep deprived. On a positive note, I love Mouse!!
Hooray for hubby and tell him 'me too'! Ah....volunteerism, what a concept, but I'm real glad to see you, the originator of this thread, back here posting! Seeing a spoiler accidently is a bummer. Yeah, Mouse just keeps on surprising me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
IMHO Mouse keeps getting better as the series goes on (with Changes being the high point).

Quote:
Oooh! I love Mouse! Best fictional dog ever. Makes Lassie look like a total n00b.

Last edited by alansplace; 03-25-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #699
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
I just started Changes today. Mouse is awesome . Can't wait to find out what his "high point" in this book is.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #700
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Changes

Quote:
I just started Changes today. Mouse is awesome . Can't wait to find out what his "high point" in this book is.
So you can't wait, huh?! Then this is what happens with Mouse in Changes:
Spoiler:
I'm not gonna tell you!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #701
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dead Beat (Dresden #7)

Out of the frying pan and into the depths of Hades!

I'm now halfway through the book, and I'm beginning to like Thomas more and more...not that I disliked him before...he was just "there".

Poor Butters...poor poor Butters.

Yay, Mouse. (Have I mentioned how much I love that dog!?! )
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 AM   #702
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Well, for Butters...
Spoiler:
Polka will never die!
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #703
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
Well, for Butters...
Spoiler:
Polka will never die!
So true!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #704
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
So you can't wait, huh?! Then this is what happens with Mouse in Changes:
Spoiler:
I'm not gonna tell you!!!
Dang it! You tease
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #705
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Out of the frying pan and into the depths of Hades!

I'm now halfway through the book, and I'm beginning to like Thomas more and more...not that I disliked him before...he was just "there".

Poor Butters...poor poor Butters.

Yay, Mouse. (Have I mentioned how much I love that dog!?! )
Spoiler:
Dead Beat's favorite stuff for me is Sue, Mouse's attack in the museum, Butters' enhanced behavior and Morgan's softer spot showing a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
Well, for Butters...
Spoiler:
Polka will never die!
Hail to Butters!

Quote:
So true!
Maybe Harry should apprentice Butters!!

Quote: