Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
How to sideload books from non-B&N stores

I'm trying to work out if there is a way to auto-deliver books (ePub) to the NOOK via our own WWW server (or email).

One of the biggest hiccups we have is that when ever someone buys an ePub version of our books at 99c, we waste probably 5 minutes trying to help them getting it on to their NOOK via the PC, it's really frustrating both for ourselves and of course the reader.

I am technically capable of doing PHP/shell/C/email-server stuff so no problems there, I just need to work out where to even start

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't think you can auto-deliver to the Nooks.
I don't see why it would have to take you any time apart from sending an e-mail with clear instructions. It's not that hard. Just drag and drop to the correct folder in the regular file explorer if it's DRM free, or use Adobe if it's got DRM.
Prepare one e-mail with step by step instructions and have that sent to the buyes. It's really very easy!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 03:20 AM   #3
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Prepare one e-mail with step by step instructions and have that sent to the buyes. It's really very easy!
I had to laugh a bit - while I know what you're saying, it's still amazing how many times people will completely mangle even the simplest of instructions.

Still, I'll add it in to the 'Thank you' email and hope that it goes okay... I suppose if nothing else it'll reduce the number of "How do I use this?" emails.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
LOL! Yeah, I hear you about people and instructions! Good luck anyway!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #5
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Might be worth to do a video in bonus of text instructions. That way people see exactly where you clicked and can just reproduce the exact steps. Just a thought!
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert