Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
lestern
lestern began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New Member from South Africa

I have been using Calibre for a short time only, and keep discovering new and useful features. However, I have still not found out, if possible, to add books to Calibre which are on my Kindle. (Books I bought from Amazon, which were e-mailed directly to my Kindle). This is such a basic need that it must be possible!
lestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Welcome to MobileRead.

This is the Introductions forum, our usual help monkeys reside in the Calibre forums here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166 -- you are more likely to get answers if they can see your posts. In the future, it is probably better to post calibre questions there.

You can add books from the Kindle by plugging your Kindle into the computer while calibre is running, and you will see a "Device" toolbar icon, with a list of books on your device. Right-click on a book or a highlighted group of books, and you can select "Add to library".

Many books will have DRM, which makes them unreadable except by that device. For more details, and what you can do about it, see http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestern View Post
I have been using Calibre for a short time only, and keep discovering new and useful features. However, I have still not found out, if possible, to add books to Calibre which are on my Kindle. (Books I bought from Amazon, which were e-mailed directly to my Kindle). This is such a basic need that it must be possible!

Why not take the time to introduce yourself?

After all, this is the Introduce Yourself forum.

Please take the time to tell us a bit about yourself.

Any questions, of course, need to be taken to the correct forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help sought, introduction