Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Jimbo724
Connoisseur
Jimbo724 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
1100+ books on Kindle Touch "disappear" from Library

I have about 2200 books on my KT. This morning, for no apparent reason, Calibre .65 took about 3 minutes to inventory the books on my device. When it finished, Calibre showed 1100+ books to be in my library but not on my device (no check mark in Library) and 1100+ books on my device but not in my Library (no check mark on device). I did not match all 1100+ items, but it appears that the books are the same in the Library and on the device but are no longer linked, even after Calibre spent about 3 minutes going through everything on the device.

Is it possible to relink the books between the Library and the device? How?
Jimbo724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have had this happen with my mother's kindle but don't remember why.

I had plugboards so that might have been it, but it worked fine last time I updated her kindle.

The simplest thing to do is reboot computer and restart kindle and see if that helps.

If it doesn't open one book on the kindle and the same book in the library with the calibre viewer and hit the hit the metadata button lower left corner and see if the metadata matches.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert