Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #16
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisbrown View Post
Just out of interest, is it much of a job to add proxy support?

I've been following requests for this for a while and I have imagined that there must be some fundamental reason in the architecture of Calibre that makes this difficult?
Uhm, read Kovid's post just above yours?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisbrown View Post
Just out of interest, is it much of a job to add proxy support?
To be clear, you aren't talking about adding proxy support, because calibre already has that. You are talking about adding a dialog in which the user specifies the proxy.

The bottom line is that no developer (that I know of) is interested in doing the work. As you care about it, perhaps you can take on the job.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
barena
barena began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Data Fetch Through ISA Server Proxy...working

Hi
I found a possible solution to the problem of lack of authentication by the proxy isa server, which prevents calibre on my Windows 7 wks in a corporate network, to download news from the Internet.
It 's a bit complicated, but I just tried it and I just worked the first time, and calibre was successfully downloaded feeds.
It is using a Python script called NTLM Authorization Proxy Server (http://ntlmaps.sourceforge.net).
To run the script, on Windows systems you must install the Python interpreter 2.6.4.
Once started, NTLMAPS comes between the Client (calibre) and the Proxy Server, ISA Server pretending to communicate with the Internet Explorer through changes on the fly of the request headers sent by the Client Proxy.
Before launching NTLMAPS, you need to change some parameters in the configuration file (server.cfg). The main parameters to be changed are these:

PARENT_PROXY: IP address Proxy
PARENT_PROXY_PORT: 8080
NT_DOMAIN: domain_name
USER: User_Name
Password:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

NTLMAPS listens by default on port 5865.

After NTLMAPS up and running, for calibre you must set the variable http_proxy (set http_proxy = http://127.0.0.1:5865).

At this calibre can normally make the downloading of any work recipe.

Best wishes and greetings to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by barena View Post
Hi
sorry but getting news with calibre recipe (vers.0.7.59 on WIN 7) I always get proxy authentication error "HTTP Error 407: Proxy Authentication Required" (ISA server) from my pc on a large windows network.......
greetings
barena
barena is offline   Reply With Quote