Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
Tuborg
Tuborg began at the beginning.

Device: HTC
Directory Structure Calibre after importing

I made a new library and when i import files. Calibre made a directory structure on my hdd with

surename, lastname.
Lee, Child.

Is it possible to change this to
lastname, surename
Child, Lee

I can't find anything in de manual.
Tuborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
No, you can't change the directory structure of Calibre's library. Please see this thread for a lengthy explanation.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuborg View Post
surename, lastname.
Lee, Child.

Is it possible to change this to
lastname, surename
Child, Lee
Yes and no.

Yes, Calibre will use whatever you put into the Author field to create these directories.

No, this is calibre's database and as such calibre controls how the files and folders live in this file structure. If the path is too long file names can end up being truncated. This is not a user configurable area. Calibre gives you multiple ways of exporting books in any format you want via the Send to Disk, Connect to Folder and Send to Device features.

Generally speaking you should stay out of calibre's file structure.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote