Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
Teresita3
Teresita3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Screen Protectors

Anyone tried a screen protector for the Sony Reader?
I got one for my tablet PC from Strong Engineering about a year ago, and I was very pleased with the result. I'll email sales@StrongEngineering.com to see if they have one to fit the Sony Reader.
Teresita3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
Mohit25
Mohit25 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
great idea. keep us posted.
Mohit25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #3
Bitgod
Enthusiast
Bitgod began at the beginning.

Device: iPad / PRS-600 / iPhone 3G
Hmm, this thread is a bit musty, guess I'll reuse it. I've always put screen protectors on any of my small mobile devices (games, PDA, iPods) almost as soon as I take them out of the box, it occurred to me that I hadn't done the same for my reader. Because of the size of it's screen, using one of my generic PDA screens is out of the question. Has anyone seen/heard of such a thing? I'd think with the common screen size of 90mm by 120mm of all but 1 of the readers in the e-reader matrix that it's something someone would have come out with.
Bitgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you really think that a screen protector is needed for the Reader? PDAs have a delicate, touch-sensitive layer on top of the screen which needs "protecting" but the Reader has a hard glass (or is it plastic?) screen surface which I would have thought would be pretty scratch-resistant!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh, it's plastic, all right -- BTW, keep metal rulers (with sharp corners) away from yours, everyone (it's a very small mark, though, I keep thinking it's a bit of lint).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
Davegrz
Davegrz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Well I've been lurking around here for a while and probably should contribute for a change. I haven't put a screen protector on my reader but this company can cut them to fit for a reasonable price:

http://www.photodon.com/lcdprotect-sheet.htm

I ordered a custom sheet for my laptop and it arrived quickly and was exactly as ordered. My only regret is not asking for the scraps as they had to cut an existing sheet down. They would have been great for camera LCDs, etc.
Davegrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
Bitgod
Enthusiast
Bitgod began at the beginning.

Device: iPad / PRS-600 / iPhone 3G
I don't really expect the screen to get scratched, but I'd rather pay <$10 to be safe than sorry.
Bitgod is offline   Reply With Quote