Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
First Turn on for PP... is this right??

hey all , it's Here, my PP !!

So, I plugged it in for the first time to charge it,
It instantly turned on to the menu page.
I pressed the Power to turn it off.
Held it down long thinking it may take an extra long hold to turn off instead of standby , and you could hear it click. So i stopped.
It turned off AND

Brought up a screen with a Battery and Lightning Bolt Only.

Do I need to try to make that screen go off.... or leave this ?

Is it off?

Thanks !
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post

Held it down long thinking it may take an extra long hold to turn off instead of standby , and you could hear it click. So i stopped.
It turned off AND

Is it off?

Thanks !
Yes, it is off and charging. This is fine.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

Thanks Dale... didnt find this in the manual
When it's done...do I press the power to completely turn it off or something?

i ask because people take about keeping their unit always in standby or in lock? as opposed to off?

sorry for the newb qs
Old 03-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
You are fine but read the FAQ sheet

Quote:

i ask because people take about keeping their unit always in standby or in lock? as opposed to off?

sorry for the newb qs
Dear Cancelx:

Yes, what you are seeing is the normal state when the device is charging in the "off" position. Remember... charge until you see the green light and then continue charging for about two hours more!!

As soon as you unplug the charger, the screen will lose the charging icon. You do NOT need to shut it off!

PLEASE, read the FAQ sheet at: www.theEZreader.com under "support"! That is updated very often and superceeds the user manual.

Everything is happening just as it should!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

sorry for the newb qs
Any time you connect power (USB has Power), the unit will turn ON. This is OK.
Your Lightning bolt should change to a US style plug (flat pins ) after some time . I suggest you leave the charger attached for the recommended 12 hours, regardless.

You can read while charging, so go ahead and play with the controls.
and if you already have books on a SD Card, pop it in. The "Bookshelf" (directory) will automatically switch to the SD card.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

cool Duck

Thanks Robert !
Glad to finally be onboard...

Last edited by cancelx; 03-24-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:

It turned off AND

Is it off?

Thanks !
Congrats CANCELX . I am sure you will love your PP. Will by the time till the weather gets better where you are.... Trust me almost the same weather in Hokkaido... Snowing as I write this...cold windy minus 3.....C...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:

sorry for the newb qs
One of the lovely things about epaper readers is that they only use power when the screen refreshes (page changes, menus, etc.). If you take a break from reading and just put your reader down on a table, it won't use power until you turn the page the next time you read.

Key lock or standby mode allows you to transport it without accidentally pushing any of the keys. To get this mode, push the power button briefly. You'll know it's in key lock because it will say so at the bottom of the screen, along with a message to push the power button to unlock.

To turn it off completely, you hold the power button down. I can't think of a reason why you might want to routinely turn a reader off. The last time mine was off was to flash an update a few months ago. I routinely get 2-3 books over a couple of weeks before the indicator drops below 4 bars.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great writing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
One of the lovely things about epaper readers is that they only use power when the screen refreshes (page changes, menus, etc.). If you take a break from reading and just put your reader down on a table, it won't use power until you turn the page the next time you read.

Key lock or standby mode allows you to transport it without accidentally pushing any of the keys. To get this mode, push the power button briefly. You'll know it's in key lock because it will say so at the bottom of the screen, along with a message to push the power button to unlock.

To turn it off completely, you hold the power button down. I can't think of a reason why you might want to routinely turn a reader off. The last time mine was off was to flash an update a few months ago. I routinely get 2-3 books over a couple of weeks before the indicator drops below 4 bars.
Dear polly:

This is really clear and a major help. Can I take this and add it to our FAQ sheet just as is? I think you laid this out beautifully!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

I second that Robert,

Thanks Polly.
The manual just says, here's how to lock the keyboard..... my thought was ...so?
I think I will adopt this method !

ps- the background screen color- I LOVE IT. Much better than the Libre I had, and better than Sony's 6inch implementation (almost on par with Sony PRS300 nearly white.)

And thanks all, she charged in 3 hours to Green, and left it plugged in all night.

It was weird when I tried to turn it off. I hit power when it was still plugged in but nothing would happen. So I unplugged it and tried,. Didn't seem to budge. Again and it worked. Since then, on/off perfectly, etc... I did notice the charge light flash orange after I tried to turn off and unplug... could have gotten confused the first time out.

Is all good ! Thanks
Old 03-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
Robertb

I Love It!!

Quote:
I second that Robert,

Thanks Polly.
The manual just says, here's how to lock the keyboard..... my thought was ...so?
I think I will adopt this method !

ps- the background screen color- I LOVE IT. Much better than the Libre I had, and better than Sony's 6inch implementation (almost on par with Sony PRS300 nearly white.)

And thanks all, she charged in 3 hours to Green, and left it plugged in all night.

It was weird when I tried to turn it off. I hit power when it was still plugged in but nothing would happen. So I unplugged it and tried,. Didn't seem to budge. Again and it worked. Since then, on/off perfectly, etc... I did notice the charge light flash orange after I tried to turn off and unplug... could have gotten confused the first time out.

Is all good ! Thanks
Dear Cancelx:

FABULOUS!! You saw the light go to green and still charged all night!! Many, many thanks! You did exactly right! Always charge past the green light. That is my recommendation and I am happy you are now "all good"!!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear polly:

This is really clear and a major help. Can I take this and add it to our FAQ sheet just as is? I think you laid this out beautifully!
I'd be honored. Please feel free to edit for grammar, clarity, and completeness.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
Robertb

I will add right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I'd be honored. Please feel free to edit for grammar, clarity, and completeness.
Dear Polly:

Thank you. I will copy and add right now. I think it is perfect. Will take a little while though for it to be posted!