Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #571
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey Blossom , you have an awful lots of visits by delivery guys (haha teasing!)

Try and stay positive Heather. The next one MUST be a good one - we're all crossing our fingers for you (well I am). You know, really, do the email to jeff@amazon.com. It will at least show you are really p**sed off and probably the supervisor of that cust. serv representative will speak to them. If they are employed to do a job where they're friendly and show great customer service, they have to do that! Amazon would hate to know you have been left really annoyed by that.
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #572
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post

Try and stay positive Heather. The next one MUST be a good one - we're all crossing our fingers for you (well I am). You know, really, do the email to jeff@amazon.com. It will at least show you are really p**sed off and probably the supervisor of that cust. serv representative will speak to them. If they are employed to do a job where they're friendly and show great customer service, they have to do that! Amazon would hate to know you have been left really annoyed by that.
i am trying to stay positive, i absolutely loved my kindle touch so i'm not going to hate on amazon or kindles forever. it would probably be pretty good therapy for me right now to get all of my frustrations out in an email. even if jeff won't actually see it, i hope someone will listen to me
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #573
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeh definitely. Someone will see it and at least make a note of it - hopefully pass it onto someone who will speak to the person or make them known of it. You might even receive an apology email from someone which at least shows they're following through! but.... all good and positive - your next Kindle = perfect
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 AM   #574
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
It's the Amazon Prime! Get anything in Two days or less it's so easy to order stuff. We live in the middle of nowhere. So I feel guilty if the package is so small and UPS has to come all the way out here just for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #575
drewh
Connoisseur

haha was just teasing - sure the visits only to deliver the packages!! We don't have Prime here yet (I dont think) but it sounds so good! Isn't it like a subscription sort of thing or where you can buy x amount thats included per month? If we did get it.. u think its worth getting?
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #576
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
haha was just teasing - sure the visits only to deliver the packages!! We don't have Prime here yet (I dont think) but it sounds so good! Isn't it like a subscription sort of thing or where you can buy x amount thats included per month? If we did get it.. u think its worth getting?
You get free two day shipping on anything that ships from Amazon fulfillment center with Prime. No quota.

Other Benefits is Free streaming Movies and TV Series. Kindle Lending Library where you can check out one book a month.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #577
drewh
Connoisseur

hmm that sounds really good blossom - the free shipping would really add up over time (and wonder if 2 days to Aus as well). Hoping it comes here soon! Streaming movies and TV series also sounds interesting? (might need a Kindle Fire - pretty sure we can't buy that yet).
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #578
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Sounds like you're getting a bit of a runaround heatherlynn

I'd go one step further than Blossom's suggestion and not only return it for a refund, but give your local Staples/Best Buy one chance to get it right and if you don't end up with an acceptable Paperwhite from them, give it up and either wait to see if they come up with an improved model towards the end of the year, or consider giving the Kobo Glo a try.

I love my Kindle and have never had any problems with Amazon, but if I'd went through four attempts to get a decent PW without any success, I'd be inclined to take my money elsewhere, and let them know exactly why - especially with the response you got from the last person you deal with at Amazon.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #579
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what I don't understand is that I only received two replacements and they were both TERRIBLE. if that is how amazon is producing their kindles now and is perfectly okay with giving their customers crappy products, I don't really feel like I should support them. it's not like I have a whole stock pile of paperwhites at my house and even if I did, they would get them back or charge me for them. I will check out the Kobo Glo though, I appreciate an alternative option at this point :/
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #580
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I love my UPS Guy! Well not love love ya know but he's awesome. He'll never leave a package. You have to sign for it. He's always nice and friendly and knows to knock and give me a second to get the locks undone. We always talk about the weather mostly but he's a great ole guy.

The young guys today look prior military and acted like it. I guess in a romance novel kind of a way hot but kinda scary in their demeanor. I rather have my old friendly UPS guy. I mean he said Miller so fast it made my head spin and was off and in the truck before I could nod my head. He almost shoved the package in my hands now I had some sleep it was kind of comical in a way. Oh the padded envelope delivered was torn open in the back too. Yes this was an Amazon Prime delivery. Had it been a book I would've been ticked. I don't know why there was two of them either....

Thirty minutes later I got a visit from Fed Ex guy in a Ryder van. He threw my new Modem on my porch. So I guess at least UPS knocked! Not too worried the modem is from my ISP. They told me I had to upgrade or I would not be eligible again for a modem unless the old one died. I upgraded and now getting the full speeds I paid for.

Oh the day got better a few hours later I broke my pinky toe. I am such a dork!

Oh, I actually love love mine. I like mine to be old fashioned friendly gentlemen types too. I'm lucky to have never had a really bad UPS experience, even when it's not "my guy".

Prestige is another story. Wow, they are horrible. If you actually receive your package, (I never received about 5 of mine and had to call Amazon) you're lucky if it's in one piece and not ripped apart. They also drive their own cars with no Prestige markings, wear plain clothes ,and sometimes deliver after 9:00 pm. It's a very dodgy operation and these are Prime deliveries too. You rarely get them in 2 days.

The last package I had delivered by them we had just had a major snowstorm on the east coast and my front step had a couple feet of snow on it. My driveway was shoveled and completely clear and my side door was completely clear and accessible. Guess where they left the package? Yep, tossed it on my front doorstep in two feet of snow. Who would make that choice of the two? They must have delivered it later in the day because luckily the package was still somewhat dry when I got home from work. I had to trudge through all that snow to get to it. Crazy. It almost felt like it was a prank, as if they hiding behind a tree laughing at me.

Oh no about your toe. Was this recently? If so, I hope it heals quickly!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #581
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
what I don't understand is that I only received two replacements and they were both TERRIBLE. if that is how amazon is producing their kindles now and is perfectly okay with giving their customers crappy products, I don't really feel like I should support them. it's not like I have a whole stock pile of paperwhites at my house and even if I did, they would get them back or charge me for them. I will check out the Kobo Glo though, I appreciate an alternative option at this point :/
Have you left a negative review of the PW on Amazon? I'd make sure to let them know you are unhappy with it by doing that and also by using Blossom's suggestion about your bad rep experience. I hope you have a better experience next time with whichever device you decide to go with.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #582
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Have you left a negative review of the PW on Amazon? I'd make sure to let them know you are unhappy with it by doing that and also by using Blossom's suggestion about your bad rep experience. I hope you have a better experience next time with whichever device you decide to go with.
i haven't left any negative feedback on the paperwhite itself. i know that there are good devices out there somewhere and according to amazon, my experience is 'isolated'. i did write a very lengthy email to jeff's amazon email and i hope that one of his many secretaries will at least read it though i know it won't amount to anything. i definitely rated the last rep's service though and mentioned her in the email. thank you everyone for all the encouragement though, i definitely needed it
Old 02-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #583
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post

Prestige is another story. Wow, they are horrible. If you actually receive your package, (I never received about 5 of mine and had to call Amazon) you're lucky if it's in one piece and not ripped apart. They also drive their own cars with no Prestige markings, wear plain clothes ,and sometimes deliver after 9:00 pm. It's a very dodgy operation and these are Prime deliveries too. You rarely get them in 2 days.

The last package I had delivered by them we had just had a major snowstorm on the east coast and my front step had a couple feet of snow on it. My driveway was shoveled and completely clear and my side door was completely clear and accessible. Guess where they left the package? Yep, tossed it on my front doorstep in two feet of snow. Who would make that choice of the two? They must have delivered it later in the day because luckily the package was still somewhat dry when I got home from work. I had to trudge through all that snow to get to it. Crazy. It almost felt like it was a prank, as if they hiding behind a tree laughing at me.

Oh no about your toe. Was this recently? If so, I hope it heals quickly!
I've never heard of Prestige. I had to google. There is none of them in Tennessee! *phew*

I broke my pinky toe last night. It was really fun trying to get up the stairs to go to bed and getting down them this morning was another blast. Who would though something so little could hurt so much!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #584
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I like your device status heatherlynn
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #585
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've never heard of Prestige. I had to google. There is none of them in Tennessee! *phew*

I broke my pinky toe last night. It was really fun trying to get up the stairs to go to bed and getting down them this morning was another blast. Who would though something so little could hurt so much!
You're lucky not to have Prestige. They are the absolute worst. Aw I'm sorry about your toe, I hope it's better soon!