Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
InvisibleMan
InvisibleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Question Using Recipes elsewhere (GPL)

Hello,

I am currently writing an Android Newsreader app. As the Calibre recipe collection is very large, I was thinking about using it for my news reader.

I noticed the recipes are licensed under the GPL, v3, which states the source code for a modified bit of code must be made public.
This is why I was wondering whether this meant that (if I used the recipes) I would have to make my whole source code public, or just the recipes?

Thanks,

InvisibleMan
InvisibleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Any code that uses GPLed code has to be open sourced under a GPL compatible license.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, gpl, recipe