Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #16
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Did a reset and now it gives me 4 bars again... Strange, though. 'Cause earlier I charged it fully through USB (as indicated by the charging light turning off), then performed a soft reset and it was still stuck at 1 bar. Let's see how it goes now.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Glad it seems to be behaving itself now. Hope it keeps it up.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think we can reasonably form the conclusion that this is a generic problem with the upgrade. I suspect that what may be happening is that, following the upgrade, the battery meter is regarding its charge state at that time as being "fully charged" and refusing to go any higher. Certainly seems that a soft reset is required to sort it out.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #19
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

ditto. I did a full recharge/reset right before the update, now the bar remains where it is. soft reset seemed to have fixed the battery meter here too. how many of you charge with the usb cable and how many of you charge with the ac adaptor?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Let's have a poll on it, shall we? I'll put one in the main conference.
Advert
Old 02-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #21
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Same problem here on both my Readers. How very odd. Charged them both over night - both still had 2 bars in the morning. Weiiiird.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:00 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Have you done a soft reset, WilliamG? That should fix the problem.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #23
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I was curious, I was back down to 2 bars...... so I plugged in for charging, light went out..... was still down to 2 bars............. uggggggggg, anyway, did a soft reset for mine as well and now it's reading full.
Sure takes a long time for the thing to boot up, I was starting to think it was frozen there for a second!!!
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Sure takes a long time for the thing to boot up....
Aren't you glad you don't have to do that boot up thing every time you want to read?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #25
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

YES!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #26
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Have you done a soft reset, WilliamG? That should fix the problem.
Not yet. No doubt it will fix the problem. Was just adding that I experienced the problem, too. Yay Sony! :P
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Aren't you glad you don't have to do that boot up thing every time you want to read?
That's why I'd never buy something like a Tablet PC for reading - imagine having to go through the lengthy Windows boot cycle every time you wanted to read something . I know there's a "suspend" feature but I've never really trusted that - when I use it with my laptop it always seems to break things.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #28
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I wonder if we have to do a soft reset with each update they give us? Actually that might be something we have to do once an update is received. What do you guys think?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Probably just as well to do one just to be on the safe side. Only takes a minute to do.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #30
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

well that boot yesterday sure felt like a loooooooong time....