Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Kobo: 'Save 25% on all ebooks'

It's not spammy if I start a new thread for this, right? Otherwise the other thread would become too cluttered. So I think.

Anyway, another discount code from KoboBooks, apparently a 'sizzlin' summer sale'. Code is holiday25 . Expires 19 Dec 2010. One book only. Might not work on all ebooks (the ones which have Agency pricing anyway). The standard stuff, I presume:

Quote:
* Offer valid from Dec 16, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. through to Dec 19, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for 25% off one eBook purchase. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Today's deal (Dec 16) Get 20% off great holiday gifts for him
One day only!
Promo Code: Forhim20
View full list of eBooks for him

No fine print: doesn't say if it can be used for multiple books, or other books than on the list, or which books are excluded
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Is it me or is it typically the same books that are discounted each time?
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The list does not change all that much, but if you actually get the emails, you will see that generally there is a paragraph like this:

taken from yesterday's 50% coupon

Quote:
* Offer valid from December 15 at 12:00 AM through to December 15 at 11:59 PM. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for 50% off an individual eBook purchase excluding eBooks from Hachette, Grand Central, Warner, and Little Brown. Newspapers and magazines are excluded from this offer. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
What that translates into, is that the offer is good on any non-Agency priced book. Generally this means that if two prices are listed for a book (a suggested and a discount price) you can use the coupon code.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
But the first one that Viviena posted doesn't have the "agency 5" disclaimer! Anyone tried it on an agency book?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Hmm. That's interesting. The email in my inbox from Kobo only has the T&C I quoted in my first post, but viewing the web version of the email shows this:

Quote:
* Offer valid from Dec 16, 2010 at 12:00 AM GMT through to Dec 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM GMT. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for 25% off one eBook purchase excluding Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Penguin, Pan Macmillan, Simon & Schuster and all respective subsidiary imprints. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
These particular T&C might apply only to Aussie customers though.

EDIT: Bwahahaha. I love digging through their website. The T&C for ROW (rest of world, so including the USA -- I couldn't find a Canadian version) customers, same coupon:

Quote:
* Offer valid from December 16 at 12:00 a.m. through December 19 at 11:59 p.m. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for 25% off one individual eBook purchase excluding Hachette Book Group USA, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin, Macmillan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. Newspapers and magazines are excluded from this offer. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
A difference of one word, but otherwise not much, really.

So yeah, Agency books won't work.

Last edited by viviena; 12-16-2010 at 08:00 AM.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Hi all -

I was able to use this code (holiday25) on two books. The T&C said "one eBook purchase", but I had two books I wanted. So, having bought the one I wanted more first with the coupon code, I thought, WTH, I'll try it again on the other one, and it worked twice.

YMMV...

- Sue
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobobooks