Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #23716
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I have been doing the whole wheat pastry flour for banana bread for awhile now. That along with unrefined sugar, some almond essence, cinnamon and cloves gives me a banana bread that people beg for
Are you willing to share the recipe? It sounds great.

Coffee in my cup and listening to all my wind chimes go crazy outside, as the cold wind blows.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #23717
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Gin is a good solvent.

There's a little bit of tea left at the bottom of my first mug.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #23718
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBQilgFFoR0 )

Good morning, everyone! Isn't it a good day to be alive! So much to see. So much to do! It's sad so many folks go through their day with their eyes closed, when all it really takes is deciding to open them. Good tea can do that for me. I have Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea today, and a bowl of rice and crab to get me moving. And move I must... It's going to be a busy day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
All this talk of food in the "What's in your cup thread?" Now I'm going to have get something to eat . And it's all your fault.
If you eat stuff that tastes bad, you won't eat so much. It's a very effective diet plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Gin is a good solvent.
It is. I find that it's also a very good lubricant. You should see how easily I dance after two or three...

But now... one more mug of tea, then out the door for a quick walk!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #23719
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm. Gin doesn't make me dance ... just walk funny and fall down.

Just back from a quick trip to the library ... and then to a store to pick up a replacement for the headlight that burned out. Finished off a Coke Zero on the ride back.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #23720
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Sounds like what passes for dancing anymore....
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #23721
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Having watched 'The Hunger Games' this evening (no, it wasn't much better than the book... but my wife like it,) I almost felt guilty about it. Almost.

You bet! Put it into a LARGE bucket (feed bucket size!) of very sandy soil. (I use just sand for mine) and let it go! The stalks and flowers from eatable ginger aren't all that thrilling, but when ever you need some to cook with, just pull it up, snap off a 'finger' and stuff it back down in the sand. You'll have a never-ending supply of fresh ginger! If you can find 'Strawberry Ginger,' THAT makes some spectacular flowers, but not so good for eating. They look like these that I shot in Thailand....

[EDIT: The shot is labeled 'Orchid' as its one of a series I shot it in an orchid nursery near the Thai/Burmese border. It's actually Strawberry Ginger.)

It was either shrimp or snails... and the snails were too expensive.

Stitchawl
those are gorgeous! I can only find canned escargot, and even those are far and few between, just doesn't cut it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Are you willing to share the recipe? It sounds great.

Coffee in my cup and listening to all my wind chimes go crazy outside, as the cold wind blows.
yep! probably friday, have to get out the cookbook for the basic recipe and then add my embellishments, things are a little nuts right now
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #23722
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Darjeeling caramel milk tea
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #23723
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Sounds like what passes for dancing anymore....
I always though it so.

Quote:
those are gorgeous! I can only find canned escargot, and even those are far and few between, just doesn't cut it
The sell a huge snail here called 'Saza-eh' for about $2.50 each. When on sale. Too expensive unless you get them sea-side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Darjeeling caramel milk tea
I read this quickly and saw 'camel milk tea' and being such an international group, didn't even give it a second thought!

Late Afternoon Assam tea for me!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #23724
cromag

A "cup" of shiraz, and a DVD of After the Thin Man.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #23725
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
One of my favorite puerhs is Camels Breath.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #23726
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Red bull, trying to get things done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
One of my favorite puerhs is Camels Breath.
sounds intriguing
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #23727
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I read this quickly and saw 'camel milk tea' and being such an international group, didn't even give it a second thought!

Stitchawl
HA!!! To true.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #23728
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Just got back from an RPM-session with the girls! Had lots of fun, gave it my all and now I'm feeling the burn We're going to try and go to the gym every thursday. It costs us 6€ for 3 months!

I have a cup of mint tea brewing, but first: water!
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #23729
VydorScope
Wizard

What is RPM session?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #23730
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
yep! probably friday, have to get out the cookbook for the basic recipe and then add my embellishments, things are a little nuts right now
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
What is RPM session?
I would like to know also.

Coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?