Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2016, 06:37 AM   #121
sahbi
Enthusiast
sahbi is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony:psr 650 , KOBO:aura h2O, KOBO:Aura One
advboot for ka1

Hi everybody,
I used to have advboot on my aura h2o, and it's working perfectly, my aim was simply to launch KOReader for viewing pdf files mostly. Now the ka1 came yesterday, and I wish to have such a minimalist approach, but until now no advboot is present in this thread. Any help ?
sahbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:13 AM   #122
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
It’s just a story of try and error with the png’s. If i managed to do it (with help of members here) for the gloHD ; i guess you could fix that on your own. You just need to know the exact size of the screen and make some tests
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:16 AM   #123
sahbi
Enthusiast
sahbi is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony:psr 650 , KOBO:aura h2O, KOBO:Aura One
@cramoisi
could you please put a step by step where and what to do cramoisi, the pixels density of the display size of the aura one is well known.
I think one need those both values
model = "Kobo_daylight"
w=1404, h=1872

Last edited by sahbi; 09-30-2016 at 10:41 AM.
sahbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:47 AM   #124
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

I’ll try to do that soon. I managed to get it advboot right on gloHD but with a lot of tries and error. And to achieve that, I had to boot my kobo each time with my test images - you can only test it if you have the device :/ It’s easy to modify the shell script for kobo_daylight model, but I remember I had to put slightly different values that those I expected for the screen when transforming the images from png to raw.

Another thing : if you just edit the shell script with the correct values but associated with wrong images, you could enter to koreader by touching the upper (or the bottom) part of the screen ; even if the display shows nothing.

Last edited by cramoisi; 10-02-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #125
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
when running koreader like this, how are you turning your device completely off once done reading?
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:21 AM   #126
cramoisi
Librarian

manually, in my case.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:00 PM   #127
serbuz
serbuz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've tried to simplify the installation for use with Kobo firmware 3.8.0. Basically, instead of the rcS file in one archive and the Koreader script files in another archive, I've generated a single file that installs both at the same time. In theory, this will work for the Kobo H2O as well but don't have one to test -- as yet.

So simplified install process:

Download the advboot_380.zip file attached to this message.
Download Koreader -- see the Koreader thread for location.

Connect your Kobo ereader to your computer.

Unpack the Koreader archive and copy the koreader directory to your Kobo's .kobo directory.

Open the advboot_380.zip file and copy the koboroot.tgz file to your Kobo's .kobo directory.

Safely disconnect your ereader from the computer and let it install. On power on, you should now see two buttons, one to run the Kobo firmware, the other to run Koreader.

Have fun...

edit0: added |dahlia in a couple of places so hopefully will run on the Aura H20 when it is released.

edit1: the rcS file for 3.7.0, 3.8.0 and 3.11.0 are the same so this will work with all of them.

edit2: when I added the |dahlia references, I also changed the last advboot entry to run pre-run instead of post_run scripts. That's now fixed up. Thanks for traycold for the sharp eyes!

Regards,
David
I wonder if there is something like this for newer versions (4.4) given that i tried to install koreader but it doesnt work.
serbuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:48 PM   #128
cramoisi
Librarian

@tshering @tshering @traycold (or anyone ?) did any of you know which rotation to apply to the png for correct display on a ka1 and maybe the correct size for the image ? (I set the size to 1404x1872 in portrait mode, and obviously it's not that - for the gloHD the size was not the advertise size, and for dragon, the png has to be 90° clockwise so, i wonder...)