Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #31
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Would you mind letting me know your QA process and if testing for iBooks how do you isolate your files to stop iTunes from adding the playlist?
I don't. Why would I need to?

I do a very quick check in ADE (because nothing looks as it should in this for some reason) make adjustments fix errors until ok in epubcheck

I load up the book to iPad iBooks. Run through everything checking all hyperlinks are working, all images are in place and are at the correct size, all fonts are as they should be (sans-serif) bullet/number lists etc etc.

If ok I then convert to .mobi from .epub (still on my desktop) the open the kindle desktop viewer to make sure everything is in place (I don't do a complex check, just a quick run through, because if it works in iBook then it'll work in kindle...hyperlinks etc)
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #32
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
I don't. Why would I need to?
If you test the file on an iPad, iTunes adds the playlist metadata file. However, Ive read that the metadata invalidates the file when uploading to iBookstore which leaves you having to open the package, remove the playlist and rezip it again.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 AM   #33
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
If you test the file on an iPad, iTunes adds the playlist metadata file. However, Ive read that the metadata invalidates the file when uploading to iBookstore which leaves you having to open the package, remove the playlist and rezip it again.
Arh...well. I haven't been able to work out how to get the epub out of itunes once I put it there so I always use a secondary file
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote