Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be giving someone an ereader for Christmas?
Yes 31 38.75%
No 22 27.50%
Hell No -- they're still to expensive 27 33.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #31
choup
Connoisseur
choup began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
My mother read a lot, so I plan to buy her a PRS 600 for christmas.
choup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #32
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I answered yes,but really its maybe. I decided earlier this year I was going to get one of my nieces a netbook, recently we were discussing readers when she saw mine on my desk,and was telling me how one of her professors was raving about her Kindle...so maybe there's a change of plan there....

Two other possibilities. There are others who have already gotten readers as gifts in past years from me. I am waiting to see the Nook in person,I'm not in a rush,and didn't want to preorder-as someone in a previous post mentioned,my local store has also said they will have units there-and I'm fine with ordering online for January,but I need to see a live unit first.I'm still also debating the kindle...and since I'm going to probably wait until January anyways,might as well wait to see a PRS900 too....

I think I may most likely end up giving the PRS300 as a gift (if going with the Sony) or maybe the nook,kindle....we'll see I still have a few more weeks to think about what to get...
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #33
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Given the large number of full bookshelves at my parents place, an ebook reader would be a useful gift, but then again their pc is practically clockwork so maybe next year.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #34
Stoste
Stoste has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm Tx; Sony reader prs-300
Just orderer a Sony reader prs-300 - a Christmas present to myself
I din't vote in the pool, because I think the "yes" answer should be reserved to more generous people.
Stoste is offline   Reply With Quote