Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
lisadawn
lisadawn began at the beginning.

Device: original kindle,k3,sony 530,classic nook(sold), nc(sold)nook touch
B&N website

Anyone else unable to view B&N website? I cant pull up on my computer or download on my nook???
lisadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
None here. try rebooting and try again. Also check your wifi connection.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
lisadawn

it just pulls up words....no pics or anything. all other websites intact??
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
lisadawn

its like a table of contents in appearance??anyone know if could be a setting on my computer that i unknowingly set?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
It seems like maybe your browser isn't picking up the website's stylesheet for some reason. Try clearing out your browser's cache and see what happens. If that doesn't work try flushing your dns cache. If you're on a Windows machine in the run dialog type: ipconfig /flushdns
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The website looks broken, yes. I wonder if this could be the same problem that Wordpress is having this morning?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
The website looks fine on my machine. Maybe it's a problem on your Internet provider's end.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
They may have their attention focused elsewhere.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...63420#U1063420
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
They may have their attention focused elsewhere.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...63420#U1063420

I guess that's something as a kindle owner you'll never have to worry about, you know expandable memory and sideloading ePub books.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #10
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I guess that's something as a kindle owner you'll never have to worry about, you know expandable memory and sideloading ePub books.
Very true but I haven't needed an SD card. I still have room in my K memory for more books, sideloaded or otherwise. I can use all my available memory for sideloaded books if I want...Amazon doesn't lock out 3/4 of it for their bookstore.

Off topic:
I got my new library card today. As soon as Amazon launches library lending, I look forward to have my first library book with no Adobe or sideloading necessary. Choose book, checkout, and done.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
The Kindle 3 has 4GB of memory and can hold 3,500 books. It is doubtful that many people would need more than that. As for epub books, I agree it is a needed feature that Amazon says is coming later this year.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadawn View Post
it just pulls up words....no pics or anything.
Turn off AdBlock.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #13
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Very true but I haven't needed an SD card. I still have room in my K memory for more books, sideloaded or otherwise. I can use all my available memory for sideloaded books if I want...Amazon doesn't lock out 3/4 of it for their bookstore.

Off topic:
I got my new library card today. As soon as Amazon launches library lending, I look forward to have my first library book with no Adobe or sideloading necessary. Choose book, checkout, and done.
I heard the Kindle cure's cancer and will lead to world peace.

It's just sooo magical

Last edited by boswd; 06-09-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #14
TimW
Wizard

Quote:

It's just sooo magical
The Kindle has its good and bad points, just like all other e-readers. Everyone on the board knows their reader is the best. They are all correct; It is the best one...for them. Choices are a good thing.

End OT.

Doug, as usual, has the elegant and undoubtedly correct solution...the adblocker. I don't see any problems with B&N's site on my browser.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:

It's just sooo magical
You forgot that it will also get you the girl or guy of your dreams.

The website is working ok for me.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote