Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
Georgepi
Georgepi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Convert pdf to mobi

Hello from Greece.I want to report a problem with the conversion of PDF files to MOBI in Greek language with calibre.It seems like all the letters who have punctuation marks after the coversion are not recognized.For example the word ''Αθήνα'' after the conversion is '' Αθ?να''.Please try to find a solusion to this problem.I' m sure that a lot of people will appreciate it and will support the calibre programm.
Georgepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Ask in the Calibre forum but it will most likely be a Unicode problem. You could put a line like this between the html head tags (with whatever you need for Greek if it isn't UTF-8)

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
fgvalenza
fgvalenza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, G3 iPhone
Hoe do I covert pdf to mobi ?
fgvalenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
The best results I've had are with a program called PDFtoEpub and Calibre to go from Epub to Mobi.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
yaluary
yaluary began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgvalenza View Post
Hoe do I covert pdf to mobi ?
Using Acrobat Adobe Professional to export the pdf to html+css, then convert html to mobi by Calibre.This is a nearly perfect method.
yaluary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert