Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
miki
miki doesn't littermiki doesn't litter

Device: EZ Reader (Hanlin V3)
Question Can eink readers zoom in on pictures?

I tend to read a lot of Chinese books online, and the sites like to display them using very long image files (for example, a typical file is 700px width by 2400 px long). They are also typically transparent gifs (the background is colorless).

Obviously, if you fit the entire image on one screen, it's not readable at all. I usually read the image in a browser and scroll down to the end.

Do any of the eink readers let you fit an image to the width of the screen and then keep "paging/scrolling" to the next part of the image until it reaches the end?

Another one I was considering was the M218B, which is an LCD screen, but I haven't been able to find that many user reviews on it.

Thanks.
miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Most ebook readers will allow you to view your PDF's in landscape mode (Apart from the Kindle I think, which does not support PDF).
on a 700x2400 pix jpeg/pdf file you will be scrolling about 5 times per page.
Is the text going vertical or horizontal?
If vertical I would not recommend a reader, since you'll be scrolling back and forth and it will take a lot of time on an e-reader device.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Moderators please remove,this was a double post due to connection issues...

Last edited by ProDigit; 11-04-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Double post
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gif