Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
Woodssi
Enthusiast
Woodssi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2)
Random Metadata when Importing????

Apologies if this has been raised previously, or is in the wrong section.

My old PC died, and I'm having to import my Library onto a completely fresh installation on my lappy.

Before I did this, I used 'Sigil' to remove all the Metadata that was on my EPUB files, so that I could start fresh on the new Library.

However, when I imported, some of the files (maybe about 20 from 400 books) still had random entries (like Published Date, Series (not what I had previously) or Ratings (which I never use, in any case).

I double checked these through Sigil, and all that should be in the Metadata file is Title & Author.

Any ideas as to where this random info is being picked up from, and how to prevent?
Woodssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Metadata can be on each file within the book as well as the OPF
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you still have the library folder from you old computer (I assume you pulled all your old data off the old laptop), you can simply follow the directions here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ter-to-another to reopen the library on the new computer.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
Woodssi
Enthusiast
Woodssi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2)
Eschwartz,

Indeed I do (never even considered this).

I'll give this a try, and hopefully will prevent me having to re-enter all those Published Dates.

Cheers
Woodssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
My pleasure.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert