Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
mickeymammoth
mickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Forma
Customized Silk Inside Cover

I'm probably the only one, but I hate the texture on the inside of the stock cover. I ordered the leather cover, but the magnets were polarized wrong and I sent it back. So I worked on the stock cover instead. I cut a piece of kimono silk to be 6" x 7". I then used this 1/4" stitch witchery tape and ironed it down on the inside of the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	silkreadercover.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	2198  
mickeymammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:28 AM   #2
raevyn1
Connoisseur
raevyn1 doesn't litterraevyn1 doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony Reader, Treo 755p, Palm T|X
Nice customization. Guess that takes care of the fuzzy dust magnet problem with original interior. The Stitch Witchery is permanent though, so fabric choice is important.
raevyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
mickeymammoth
mickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Forma
It does make the magnets a bit less sticky, although the silk is very thin. But I figure worst case scenario is I have to buy another cover. But it's fine so far.
mickeymammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Interesting, never thought of using the double sided fabric iron-on tape.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote