Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Get the HTC Droid Incredible for Free

From Rick Broida at CNet:

Quote:
Starting today, Wirefly has the Droid Incredible for free when you sign up for a two-year Verizon contract. The offer is good for both new and existing Verizon customers, and even for add-a-lines and family plans (meaning you could get up to five Incredibles for free).

Shipping is free, though you will see a $35 activation fee (per phone) on your first bill from Verizon.
Last year, I got my Palm Pre for free through a similar deal. Those of you thinking of getting a new Android phone might want to check this out.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Nice find daffy. Also Amazon wireless also has many of the same specials. But they don't offer phones for free you have to pay $0.01

I guess that makes them the Diet Pepsi of Evil.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Best Buy has Free Phone Fridays where they pick various phones and they're free. On 10/29 the Droid Incredible was free so I bought one for $0.00. I paid $45.95 tax and a $35.00 activation fee.

As a bonus, because I had been in earlier in the day and was told that there wouldn't be any tax, I got a $20 gift card when it turned out they had to charge tax. Turns out that the last three Fridays there was a glitch in the system and they didn't charge tax so the sales person was under the impression that there wasn't any tax.

This was a few bucks more than Amazon ($79.99, no tax, no activation fee), but they couldn't deliver until 11/29. Amazon also has a separate agreement that you have to keep the phone activated for 181 days.

Awesome phone, BTW!
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
So they're not free, they're $35. I hate cell phone companies andthe way they shift around cost.
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
So they're not free, they're $35. I hate cell phone companies andthe way they shift around cost.
They're even more not free, since you're required to buy a data plan whether you want it or not.

so-called free Incredible + 2-year forced data plan @ $30/mo x 24 mo = $720

If I remember my grade school math correctly, $720 does NOT equal free.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert